“GREAT SUNDAY BRUNCH”

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2012

One of my favourite places to have a nice sunday brunch.

Staff are very friendly and you will love the setting

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Food is just OK. Service is very good. The real seller here is the atmosphere which takes me back in time..

Reviewed October 13, 2012

For what you pay you could expect a little more. Just a little expensive for what you are offered. Nice atmosphere though and cant beat the location.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Class a atmosphere but C class food. We have gone to Benmiller for an extended family type lunch for severel years as it is a friendly comfortable atmosphere to sit around the fireplace with a drink and get caught up on each others lives. The food however has not been very well prepared with the exception of last year and the year prior. We had actually decided to change locations when we had the good food but because of the poor quality again this year we will not be returning. Not one of the 8 people in our group finsihed their lunch. This was not because of large portions! The food is just not well prepared. Severel had fish and chips. They commented that the chips were dryed out and 2 commented on the fish being dry as well and that the actual fish portions were miniscule. Looked like a lot of fish as there was 3 pieces, however there was not much fish insde the tasty batter. They did say the batter was light and tasty. It resembled perch rather than a portion of white fish. Hubby had a hamburger which was actually meatloaf and in all fairnesws I believe it did mention meatloaf flavor in the description. I had a the worst Rheuban that I have ever been subjected to. I ate half of it for no other reason than I was really hungry. Great surroundings but we have decided that we will give up the surroundings and go somewhere that actually serves good food. I might add here that our server was really sweet and efficient. I think the proprieters had best consider bringing on board a chef who is capable of consistency and knows his craft inside and out! Have had better meals in diners with cooks that learned their trade at mom's or gram's knee. Really sad as the surrounding are lovely!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

A tad difficult to find as it is tucked away off the main highway. Unfortunately that highway's very concrete bridge (although not a major one) runs right over the beautiful little stream outside the dining room window. I suspect it was not there when the inn was established. It is in an old mill and has quaint charm. The dining room chairs are upholstered wing backs and although comfy, had me sitting quite low despite the pillow I put under me. The food was good and they did offer to modify dishes to be vegetarian. But that was after they served the palette cleanser which had bacon and I sent back. The salad had too much dressing which the hostess blamed on a new trainee. Otherwise a good meal but surprisingly few patrons for a Summer Friday evening.