“I can't wait to go back!”

Colborne Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Goderich B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“I can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had the absolute pleasure of staying at the Colborne B&B while on a work trip, and I cannot say enough good things about my time there. Suzanne and John are exceptionally friendly, warm and kind - truly incredible hosts! My room was beyond comfortable and the breakfasts were outstanding. I cannot wait to visit Goderich and the Colborne B&B again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Two friends and I decided on a weekend in Goderich, and lucked out in choosing the Colborne B&B- John and Suzanne were exceptionally kind and gracious hosts, from assistance with directions and sites to preparing delicious breakfasts and treats. The house itself is beautiful, classy, and clean, and the garden looked beautiful. I have already made informal recommendations of the place to my friends and family, and encourage you to choose it for your stay in Goderich- it really couldn't have been better!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I spent a wonderful weekend in Goderich and it was made even more enjoyable by John and Suzanne!
The Inn is beautiful! Exceptionally clean and comfortable with beautiful ( and I'm jealous) gardens to sit and enjoy an evening in.
I can't even say enough about the breakfast except spectacular!
John and Suzanne are such entertaining and helpful hosts! Right from the minute we walked up to the Inn and were given the warmest greeting by John to leaving with yummy freshly baked muffins by Suzanne. I felt like we had just made 2 new friends!
I can't wait to go back

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Monique G
Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this charming B&B for my birthday weekend in May 2013. It was our first ever trip to Goderich; we found Colborne B&B online with very positive reviews and booked two nights. This trip exceeded our expectations in every way. John and Suzanne are the warmest, friendly couple you could ask for and went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed. The home is beautifully decorated with a lovely sitting room, dining area, enclosed sun porch as well as their garden for guests to enjoy. Our room, The Anderson Suite, was comfortable, spacious and the decor was classy. Lots of special touches were provided to make this an above average B&B. And then, there's the breakfasts....two days, two different and exceptional meals. We were blown away by the quality, presentation, variety and absolutely delicious breakfasts both days. My husband and I agreed, we will certainly go back to Goderich and stay at Colborne B&B again. I personally can't wait. And as a side note, the people of this lovely town couldn't have been more friendly. The Canadian Legion, West Side Willies and in particular Thyme on 21, where I had my birthday dinner, were wonderful.

Room Tip: We chose the Anderson Suite but my guess is that all the rooms are lovely. I don't typically sl...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ipswich
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed at the Colborne B&B over the last weekend of April 2013. From the moment I arrived to the time I left I was treated with kindness, consideration and an understanding of my needs by Suzanne and John. The room was very well appointed, very clean and the bed comfortable and supportive. Breakfasts were a real treat as they exceeded what I expected as my diet is vegan. They were varied, tasty and nutritious. Yes, I would recommend Colborne B&B in the lovely town of Goderich.

Room Tip: I sensed that a room would be chosen by Suzanne and John to meet the needs of those booking. I was...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Colbornebandb, Owner at Colborne Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We try to make our guests stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We so enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to your return visit to Goderich and Colborne Bed and Breakfast.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Suzanne and John were fantastic hosts for our genealogy trip to Goderich. We love
love loved this bed and breakfast! We had a choice of rooms and chose the "Caesar room" named after their unusual family heritage. Such a beautiful, warm and cozy space with the most unique bathroom I've ever experienced! Fun! We could see the lake from our window! A perfect bed and a restful sleep followed by the most amazing breakfast. We were treated to a Scandinavian treat called ebelskivers-a ball shaped pancake, local bacon, delicious cinnamon loaf and a fantastic fruit dish. Wonderful food but the warmth of the home and the personalities of the owners were what really made this a memorable stay. Thank you so much!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Colbornebandb, Owner at Colborne Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and wonderful review. Being host is such fun when we meet guests like you. Hopefully you had a safe trip home. Looking forward to seeing you both in the future.
Kindest Regards
Suzanne Anderson
Colborne Bed and Breakfast
Goderich ON
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband swept me away to this B&B for a surprise romantic getaway. He picked the perfect spot. Suzanne and John were the most genuine, welcoming hosts we have ever encountered in all our "B&B" experiences over the years. They recommended places to go and things to see. The gourmet breakfasts were over-the-top delicious! The bed & pillows were so comfy and warm - they melted my stresses away.
We had a truly lovely time during our stay here and I look forward to going back.
Thank you Suzanne & John for the gifts of your hospitatlity and charm!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Denise L
Colbornebandb, Owner at Colborne Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and review. Our goal is to try and make everyone's visit to our B&B as comfortable and relaxing as possible. We look forward to your return visit.
Kindest Regards; John and Suzanne Anderson