Our large extended family stayed at the Shamrock Beach House last summer. While it has several useful features, we overall had a fairly disappointing experience.
* Decent living room for hanging out in, plus dining (lots of chairs)
* Large backyard - lots of room for activities
* Isolated and quiet - there aren't really any other houses nearby
* Listing mentions that the kitchen has "full kitchen facilities" and a "fully equipped kitchen" - but there's no dishwasher. Also, the utensils, pots, pans, etc all seemed to be very low quality (some falling apart).
* The property is supplied by well water that has a heavy rotten egg smell (lots of sulphur?). No one in our family wanted to drink the water. We bought many jugs of drinking water during our stay.
* The windows have no blinds or curtains - we had to tape up black garbage bags over the bedroom windows in order to keep the sunlight off of us at 6:00am
* No doors on the bedrooms downstairs (just thin curtains)
* A generally poor level of maintenance throughout - e.g. one of the bedroom doors doesn't latch closed. We had to use a bungee cord on the outside of the bedroom to hold it closed while a baby was napping inside. Another example: The ceramic soap holder in the ground floor bathroom shower had a giant chunk missing, leaving sharp edges. Another example: A large number of the electrical outlets don't work. Another example: The dryer vented directly into the laundry room / bathroom due to a broken exhaust tube. (We fixed it.)
* Wasps - three of our guests got bitten by wasps from the nests in the backyard deck. Owners gave us a can of bug spray when we brought it up.
* Broken glass on the loft balcony when we arrived. One of our guests cut their foot (bleeding).
* No air conditioning
* Dirty floors - on the first evening, after spending time inside, all of our feet were pretty dirty. We did not track dirt inside in these first few hours.
Also, one thing to be crystal clear on: The beach that's 5 minutes walking away is just a narrow rocky shore beside some residential homes, and isn't appropriate for your everyday beach activities (sandcastles, tents, etc). You'll need to drive 8-10 minutes away for that.
Also, FYI: This property has had exclusively poor reviews in the past. But the owners seem to have deleted the old listing, and created this new one, clearing out the old reviews.