“Very comfortable and hospitable stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calabogie
The Fans of Calabogie
Ranked #2 of 2 Calabogie B&B and Inns
Canada
“Very comfortable and hospitable stay!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I were fortunate to spend 2 lovely nights at the Fans of Calabogie over Canada Day weekend - and were very glad we did!

The owners/operators Catherine and Byron were wonderful hosts and really made us feel comfortable. The decor in the house and in the rooms is interesting and tastefully done reflecting past travel and interests from Taiwan. The bed we had - Dynasty Room, 1st floor (one of only 3 rooms, I believe, so it's an intimate place) was superbly comfortable. Small TV and DVD player with some movie choices also provided (although we didn't use), as well as a kettle and selection of teas and spotless en suite bathroom, tub/shower.

There is also a common area for breakfast, as well as sitting area, access to outdoor hot tub, table for puzzles or reading, lots of travel and local literature to point you in the right direction or inspire, etc.

Breakfast was delicious and plentiful - kept us full all day! You just make one of 3 selections the day before (that's the hardest part - eliminating some tasty options!). You can also brew your own tea from a large selection, and pick up baked goods, fruit, yogourt from a "breakfast bar" in the seating area.

The area is nice. The house is on a beautiful grounds, isolated from the road traffic, but you can easily walk to the beach area and to hiking trails, and you're within a 5 minute drive or less to the Calabogie Peaks. We were in for an amazing concert at Neat Coffee Shop in Burnstown, also just about 10-15 minutes away and a nice little intersection for other local interests (shop, galleries, cafes).

In all, no hesitation to recommend The Fans for your stay in this beautiful area of eastern Ontario, and we hope to return someday soon! Thanks for such an excellent and peaceful stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank geefmon
byron h, Owner at The Fans of Calabogie, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Hello and thanks so much for your review. The time and effort you put into the review is greatly appreciated. It means a lot to us to know that our visitors are satisfied with their experience and it is important to get the word out first, that Calabogie is a great vacation destination and second, that here is your perfect accommodation option. I hope you will find another concert to go to sometime in the future and of course can stay here at our "Fan of 'The Fans'" loyalty program rate." Byron and Cath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ottawa
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at this b&b last August along with 2 other couples. It was most enjoyable. The hosts were very pleasant and accomodating. The breakfast was awesome with a great selection of fresh baked goodies. The grounds are beautiful with lots of walking trails. There is a nice large deck with a hottub. We will be in Calabogie again this August and plan on staying there again. We felt very welcomed there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
byron h, Owner at The Fans of Calabogie, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Hello again. Better late than never! I want to thank you for taking the time to give a review of your stay here. Thanks for the kind words. It was a real pleasure to have you as our guest. I look forward to your next visit.

Byron and Cath
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My spouse and I stayed in the Imperial room. Extremely clean, attention to details, comfortable bed. The owners Cath and Byron are incredibly friendly and nice. Breakfasts are out of sight. We would return anytime.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed July 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed at The Fans of Calabogie for one night...we were on one of our 2011 summer motorcycle trips. We had a great stay here. The hosts were wonderful. The room was very clean and comfortable. We were able to watch a movie, go for a swim and have a rest in the hot tub!! It is a beautiful and peaceful spot. The food was absolutely delicious...we had the greek omelet!! I would highly recommend this place. It's a very small quaint town but serene!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Imperial Room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sarmikmat
East Granby
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I stayed at The Fans during my track days at Calabogie. Extraordinarily lovely B&B, the kind you wish every B&B was. The rooms are beautiful, each with their own modern, clean, lovely bathroom (the kind you'd have in your own home). The beds are fantastic, more comfortable than the ones I have at home. The hosts could not be more gracious, and Caroline is a restaurant-quality chef -- best breakfasts I ever had. (Next time I go I'm going to ask her if she would be willing to serve breakfast and dinner to me and my buddies (for an extra fee) bec there aren't any really good restaurants locally in town.) Cozy, comfortable common room to relax in at the end of the day. The Fans has free wifi with perfect connection. Parking is right outside the door.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Leo S
Petawawa, Canada
Reviewed November 23, 2010

I didn't actually have the pleasure of staying at the Fans of Calabogie, but I spoke to Byron on the phone as part of a project with Algonquin College. He was very willing to help me out and answered all of the questions I had with great expertise.

It made me want to stay there even more knowing that they have a friendly atmosphere.

I hope to stay there in the near future!

Sonia

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We've stayed at many B&Bs over the years. This one added up to one of the best. It has an ideal host/guest split in terms of area of the house, with a large dining/DVD/TV & couch area just for use of guests. That area including a water dispenser and 24/7 hot water/tea/coffee facilities. The hostess is accommodating and found us everything we needed, including wine, for a delivery dinner that we ate on the balcony. There are 3 wonderful breakfast options, changed daily and she accommodates early breakfast for 7am starts at the Calabogie Motorsports Park. The rooms have thoughtful touches and the grounds and view are just lovely. All in all, a top rated B&B experience, and we loved the asian decor.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Prattlecette
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calabogie
Days Inn & Conference Centre Renfrew
#2 of 4 in Calabogie
Country Squire Motel
Country Squire Motel
#1 of 3 in Arnprior

Been to The Fans of Calabogie? Share your experiences!