“A Gem in the midst of the beautiful Ottawa Valley”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calabogie
Calabogie Lodge Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Calabogie
Pembroke, Canada
“A Gem in the midst of the beautiful Ottawa Valley”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We just spent two great days at the Calabogie Lodge, on a voucher we purchased through dealfind. Attending the 90 minute presentation was a condition of our time there, and we enjoyed learning about the resort and ownership possibilities. The presentation was no pressure and essentially an introduction to the four season resort so close to Ottawa.

Our stay was outstanding in a lovely one-bedroom unit. Staff were extremely knowledgeable about the area and gave us great recommendations for restaurants. Although the ski hill was closed and the spring-summer season has yet to begin, we will definitely return with family for a longer vacation, when we can use the boating / lake facilities and experience the beauty of the surrounding area to its fullest.

Our accommodations were well appointed and spotless ... great beds and well stocked kitchen / living area with a balcony overlooking the lake. There is a lovely indoor swimming pool and hot tub; a great library, games room and fitness space ... and the water sports activity listed for the summer looks amazing.

We will definitely return with children and grandchildren for a longer get-away this year.

John and Jan S.

Room Tip: There are units all on one level, and some with two levels. If you are travelling with little people...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank janet s
CalabogieLodge, Public Relations Manager at Calabogie Lodge Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Hello Folks,

THANK YOU for your review. We enjoyed your company while visiting with us! It will be great to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I too purchase 2 dealfind vouchers for my son for Christmas. Upon calling I was notified that I would be required to bring a babysitter and pay full price for the additional person. (Babysitter to watch child while I attend the hour presentation) I was also informed that if I did not have a common law spouse I would not be entitled to use this ochre. I find this completely discriminating towards single income families who in my situation make excellent money and was potentially looking for a timeshare. Calbogie Resort took forever to get a hold of and was not accommodating what so ever and just kept directing me to contact dealfind. Which I did and was told there hands were tied. Likewise with Calabogie Resort. I am shocked and disappointed with both dealfind and calabogie resort for putting a ridiculous amount of restrictions and not clearly indicating there restrictions. I am disgusted with Calabogie Resort for not attempting to assist in solving this problem. I asked Lorraine 3 times to redirect me to the promoational manager in which she said he could not be contacted at this time.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Tanya M
CalabogieLodge, Public Relations Manager at Calabogie Lodge Resort, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
We regret that the promotion offered has not been a positive experience for you. Our intentions, as a family resort, are to provide excellent accommodations and most importantly the best in customer service.

As per protocol, the number on the voucher must be called for redemption. If contact has not been received within 24 hours of leaving a request, please call directly to Calabogie Lodge Resort.

In review of the comments received from Trip Advisor, it is evident that Calabogie Lodge has not lived up to our customer service standards and we apologize. If any customer has a problem with our promotions staff in the future, please call Sherrill Riopelle at 613-752-2676 prior to leaving a negative comment on tripadvisor.

Sherrill Riopelle
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were happily surprised with the beautiful lake and the cozy cottage. We also had a great time using the sauna and the hot tub. The tubing and skiing a Calabogie Peaks close by is also recommended. We will rent a cottage here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Corinne M
CalabogieLodge, Public Relations Manager at Calabogie Lodge Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
We appreciate your feedback. Come back and visit again soon!
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2014

i purchased my voucher and booked my trip back in November for later in January. Friends also purchased their own voucher and booked their own room for the same weekend.

10 days before the trip i got an email with a new set of terms and conditions, and was required to agree to these new terms to confirm my reservation.

3 days before the trip i got a call saying that either my husband and myself had to forfeit our reservations for that weekend, or the other couple we knew traveling the same time would have to forfeit. Traveling the same time as someone you are familiar with, now made the voucher void under the new "terms and conditions we received 10 days prior to our check in date.

When i asked why we weren't informed of this months prior when we originally booked, i was sarcastically met with a "well i didn't think you would appreciate finding out at check in". We were told under the new terms and conditions this classed as a group booking, even though we booked separate vouchers, booked separate rooms and used separate credit cards, we were driving up separately, and are both very much in separate marriages.

Calabogie lodge agreed to refund my money, but neither of us had yet to see a penny. Apparently they wont respond to dealfinds attempts to contact them.. and contacting deal find is another issue on its own..

as for the review below, wouldn't excluding someone from your establishments for not being married be considered DISCRIMINATION ..

Shame on you Calabogie.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
9 Thank vanessa h
Thank you for your feedback.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Always a pleasure to visit the Lodge Resort. A treat to have such a great disconnect spot so close to downtown. While we did visit via a Dealfind coupon, check in was accepted early, fast and efficient. The requirement to attend a 1.5 hour sales presentation might have coloured the w'end but in fact provided an education on possible holiday options. As this was a chill-ax getaway, the Lodge has once again delivered in spades. Kudo's to Polly's Lll Shanty for the liaison with the Lodge and thanks for a great meal.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. Plumbing noises within the units may be a nuisance. Otherwise a great warm...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Good to hear you had a great experience! Come back again......
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I, too, purchased a dealfind voucher for this resort and was looking forward to going. I called to try and book it and was asked if I was over 25 and was married or common law and had government issued proof of this. I advised that I was over 25 and wasn't married and would be attending with my partner. I was told that I was disqualified from the Voucher. The girl would not tell me why. I looked at my voucher and this is what it says 'Voucher holders must attend a 90-minute orientation and tour of the resort with their spouse or significant other.' Nowhere does it say that you need to be married or common law to buy the voucher. I was planning on attending with my significant other! Needless to say this has left a sour taste in my mouth and wasted my time. The woman advised that I would get a refund and to call dealfind in a few days. Lets hope! I guess the resort is more interested in selling time shares to people they think will buy instead of making new and possibly repeat customers. I won't be purchasing another dealfind or visiting this resort.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Vaca8155019
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We spent a wonderful three days at Calabogie Lodge with our two children 18 and 12. We had a two bedroom villa and since the last time we visited we could tell that some renovations had been done. The bedrooms are fabulous! Congratulations to the staff for picking such a comfy matrasses (king size!). The kitchen looked brand new as well. We went skiing (even though it was quite chilly) and the children enjoyed the swimming pool and the games room (the older one less than the young one for obvious reasons). We would love to come more often since we love this place. They have time share sales and we are considering purchasing one. We also enjoy the service (very helpful ladies at the reception) and very clean rooms. This place is about nature so, of course you won't find high end fancy restaurants, shopping malls or night clubs. You go there to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joanna P
Thank you for your comment! We appreciate the feedback!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calabogie
Days Inn & Conference Centre Renfrew
Jocko's Beach Resort and Motel
Calabogie Motor Inn
Calabogie Motor Inn
#4 of 4 in Calabogie

Been to Calabogie Lodge Resort? Share your experiences!