“Very nice stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Liverpool
Gallery Guest House B & B
Ranked #1 of 2 Liverpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We got there a night early and Roger kindly helped us find a place for the night. He was very friendly and his paintings are beautiful. Also, the breakfast was great! I am gluten-free and he went out of his way to find GF bagels to go with the smoked salmon. Roger is also a font of information about local sights and restaurants, etc. The first night we stayed there, Isolde brought us white wine to enjoy on our deck, which has a lovely ocean view. We stayed in the smaller of the two rooms, which is very small. It was fine for us, because the weather was wonderful. So, we were either on the deck--great place to have breakfast--or out and about. If it had been raining, we would have been sitting in a very tight space for breakfast and hanging out. So, if you like lots of elbow room, take the larger room.

Room Tip: We stayed in the smaller of the two rooms, which is very small. It was fine for us, because the wea...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Norah C N

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Great sea-view, perfect location.

Loved the breakfast and the variety.

Nice rooms, has everything.

Lovely people, gave us many tips and information for next destinations.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2011

The B&B is in a perfect landscap with incredible looks to the sea from the veranda of all rooms. The breakfast brought to the room by Isolde each morning is the best we have seen on our trip through Nova Scotia and the advices by Roger are unbeatable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My wife, being a watercolorist, was intrigued by the idea of staying at a well-recommended B&B where she could examine watercolors by Roger Savage and I could read, walk the beach, visit yard sales, whatever. Turns out when I made the reservation Roger said "Bring a watercolor block". (Now I know what that is).
Leslie and Roger painted at lighthouse point . . . I carried the easels. We even went to some yard sales and joined Roger for the local "suppot your volunteer fire department fund-raiser. Isolde provided wine and cheese our first evening; and we sat on our the deck and appreciated the evening.
Being an old, converted farm house the rooms are rather small -- but open onto their own decks for added space. The gallery was added as an attachment later on. The rooms have phones and TV, and every morning in rolls a breakfast cart (you specify the time) bringing coffee, fruits, muffins, yogurt, cereals, cheeses, and more.
Bottom line -- Savage Gallery B & B is a great place operated by wonderful hosts.

Room Tip: Only two rooms -- both are equally nice.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John S
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This is a modest B&B with wonderful hosts and a wonderful breakfast! Roger and Isolde are great. I was traveling by myself, and arrived in the pouring rain, and Isolde got me set up, gave me a glass of wine, and left me to relax after telling me a bit about what was in town. I was the only guest that night, so in the morning, Roger and Isolde talked to me while I ate the yummy (and very filling/European-like) breakfast. Roger and I talked about Cape Breton, where I was next headed, and he gave me great information about the park and where to camp and hike. It is a great place at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed with Roger and Isolde for 4 nights while on our honeymoon. They provided us with daily tips for exploring and eating in the areas surrounding Liverpool. They exemplified the friendly, helpful and interesting people that we met in Nova Scotia. The view off our balcony was a serene and beautiful place for breakfast every morning. We were easily able to go bird watching, hiking in Keji national park and poke around on beaches and in little fishing villages. It was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The Gallery Guest House was a real treat near the end of our trip. One of the best parts was our friendly host, Roger Savage and his beautiful gallery of his exceptional watercolour paintings! But we also loved the ocean views and the continental breakfast including bagels and homemade jam and local smoked salmon on a trolley rolled right to our room so we could enjoy it on the lovely deck overlooking the lawn and ocean. Thanks to Roger and Isolde for a lovely stay. We'd love to return and stay longer next time!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Gallery Guest House B & B? Share your experiences!