“Amazing burgers & sandwiches in a hometown friendly atmosphere!”

Memories Cafe and Eatery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Liverpool
Cuisines: Diner, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: A licensed, casual cafe/eatery offering breakfast and lunch daily, dinner on Fridays, plus a variety of specialty beverages and homemade sweets. Favorite items include Panini, salads, wraps, smoothies, lattes, milkshakes, homemade cakes/squares/pies etc.
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have been to Memories a few times & it's always been fabulous. I have tried the paninis and the gourmet burgers and, of course, the coffees. Mmm! Everything is freshly prepared and very tasty. Sure, you could get a fast-food, mass-produced lunch elsewhere in town for less money, but you can get that anywhere. The unique menu and small town feel are worth every extra penny, while supporting a family-owned local business.

2  Thank TGiffin

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Memories is the place for yummy, fresh food and a friendly, family atmosphere. Whether enjoying a lightly grilled panini (my personal FAVE), a superb gourmet burger, or simply a tasty cup of coffee and a fabulous homemade treat, the cafe is buzzing with laughter and conversation - just the way it should be!

1  Thank KGrez
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stopped by because of free internet. That proved to be the best part.
I ordered a Ruben Panini. It tasted good, but the cheese hadn't even started to melt and the meat had a very cold center.
It was accompanied (at a price of $9.00 Cn) with a 1&1/2" quarter piece of pickle.
Parsimonious is a polite way of describing this lunch
I'm glad my travels will not have me ever chancing returning here.

Linda S, Owner at Memories Cafe and Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. We wish you would have brought your concerns to our attention while you were in the café so that we would have had the opportunity to address these with you in person. Our reuben is our most popular Panini and we are very careful to only lightly grill the bun so as not heat the meat or sauerkraut. All of our paninis are cool inside, with the cheese only slightly softened. This preserves the quality of the fresh bun and ensures it is not flattened like a fast food variety panini. Given that the pickles are a garnish that many customers tend not to eat, we do cut them on the small side to avoid waste. However, we are more than happy to provide extra pickles to any customer and had you mentioned your love of pickles to our staff you would have promptly been given more! As for our prices, I assure you they are cost-based and calculated carefully. We are a small, family owned and operated business with minimal buying power and choosing fresh, quality ingredients comes at an expense. I suggest that next time you find yourself trying a small town, family owned/operated restaurant and discover some concerns that you should promptly ask for the owner and give them the opportunity to work with you to improve your experience.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

This cafe has wonderful food and the staff is top notch. I am celiac and their gluten free buns are the best I have ever had. If you're in the area I highly recommend stopping in.

1  Thank TreenerH

Thanks a bunch for adding your review. We are especially pleased to read that our gluten free bun option is a favorite! We are happy to be able to accommodate your dietary requirements. Come back soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Memories is by far one of my favourite restaurants, the owners are amazing as well as their staff, they are always extremely friendly and accommodating. The atmosphere is both very inviting and relaxing.
The food is always fresh and mostly local, The most outstanding thing I find about Memories is how they easily adapt any menu choice to your dietary need where possible. As of late they have just introduced more gluten free choices, including a gluten free bun that holds together is not dry and has a nice taste to it.
I look forward to my visits to Liverpool with my friend, our highlight is lunching out at Memories.
A restaurant to definitely visit when you are there

2  Thank Anjay J

Thank you so very much for taking the time to add such a lovely and kind review of our café. We truly appreciate your support and encouragement and look forward to your return, soon!!