“Another Good Best Western Experience”

Best Western Plus Liverpool Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Liverpool
Dartmouth, Canada
“Another Good Best Western Experience”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

In our travels we like to stay at Best Western because we know the facility will be in good condition, clean and a good stay guaranteed. The BW Liverpool delivered on al these with the addition of a nice hot breakfast. The hotel is very new, although quite isolated. Seeing that we wanted to have a few drinks for dinner and it doesn't have a restaurant, we had to walk a bit more than a kilometer to the restaurant and back. Given it was a beautiful night this was a real bonus but it would have been unfortunate if it had been raining. To clarify, this is not a fault of the BW or its staff. Check in / out process was very efficient although the front desk clerk at check could have been more welcoming. So, it was a good visit, clean and no complaints.
I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Halifax, NS
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my sister's hockey tournament. It is brand new so cleanliness was not an issue and the facility was spacious. The check in process took way too long when there was only one person ahead of me and two-three girls shuffling around behind the desk. No smile, no eye contact, no welcome. Just the keys and that's that, at the slowest pace known to mankind. The beds were terribly uncomfortable and the pillows were so large, I woke up with a tension headache. Ordered new pillows from housekeeping and that was marginally better. No one in my room slept a full night due to the weird beds. Just tossing and turning. The a/c is loud and cuts in and out all night which is odd for a new unit. The breakfast was "hot". There were pre-cooked and warmed sausage, scrambled eggs and freezer waffles and a selection of continental choices. The same selection daily it seems. The dining room is a self serve situation and leaves some ambiance to be desired. If I ever head to Liverpool again, I think I will take my few bucks more and go to Hunts Point's Quarterdeck, Whitepoint, a local B&B or a Bed and Breakfast. It was in close proximity to the arena and local attractions like Tim Horton's, McDonalds, and two grocery stores. It is also situated in the middle of a swamp which is evidenced by the sound of singing frogs from dusk to dawn.

Room Tip: Order the extra pillows offered if you don't like extra large jumbo pillows. Get down to breakfa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Melissa_Robinson_GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Liverpool Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
hi there,

thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Melissa Robinson
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was my first time staying here. The hotel is relatively new and been decorated nicely. The lobby is very open and modern. A free hot breakfast is included. Also a pool and workout room. They do not have a restaurant but the lounge is nice and had beer on special :)
Easy to find just off the highway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Melissa_Robinson_GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Liverpool Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Good day,
thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our lounge specials! - please come again soon and take in the summer events surrounding our community!

if I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me at 902-354-2377

Melissa Robinson- General Manager
Dartmouth
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great set-up, enjoyed our stay. Continental Breakfast was the best one of our trip around Nova Scotia and PEI. I would rate this hotel the est of 5 Hotels we stayed in during the week. Staff were great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Jack,
It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay!- We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 902-354-2377.

Melissa Robinson- General Manager
Addis Ababa, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed the weekend at the Best Western for a tournament, which was convenient because the hockey rink is right next door. The rooms were designed modern with all the amenities, but our stay wasn't perfect. The elevator broke for a day. The breakfast is supposed to end at 10 am and when my husband got there at 9:50 they already cleared away the buffet. The toilet paper fixture in our room was so flimsy it wouldn't hold the roll, and the staff could not keep a lid on the late night partying by other tournament guests, so we heard banging, yelling in the halls and one domestic dispute, etc. The last night I woke up with bug bites on my hand which suggest a possible bed bug problem (it being still to cold for mosquito). You can control your room temperature with a digital thermostat and the TV is new so that was nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Charles A
Melissa_Robinson_GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Liverpool Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

As we recieved this alert regarding your feedback, we immediately called our pest control operator to investigate any potential problems. We have evaluated and confirmed that we do not have any sight of this problem at our hotel.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 902-354-2377.

Melissa Robinson
Halifax, NS
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The BW Liverpool has some of the best rooms in Nova Scotia. The decor and beds are high quality and the rooms are very large. Their prices are good, they provide a nice free breakfast.I have stayed there many times on business and attended conferences. Their facilities are great for meetings and the catering was excellent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HavanaClub11
Kingston, Nova Scotia
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Relatively new hotel, great staff everytime I am there. Rooms are spacious and located close to lots of tourist attractions on the south shore. I travel a lot for work and always look forward to my stay here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Lane's Privateer Inn
Lane's Privateer Inn
#2 of 2 in Liverpool
White Point Beach Resort
White Point Beach Resort
#7 of 49 in Southwest Nova Scotia
The Quarterdeck Beachside Villas and Grill
The Quarterdeck Beachside Villas...
#1 of 1 in Summerville Centre
#1 of 1 in Milton
Port Mouton Bay Cottages
Port Mouton Bay Cottages
#1 of 1 in Port Mouton

Been to Best Western Plus Liverpool Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!