“Great people, great place!”
Review of Bridgeway Hotel

Bridgeway Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Placentia
Bridgeway Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Placentia B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stayed 4 nights at the Bridgeway. The view is awesome, The hotel and it's amenities reflect the great friendliness and cleanliness of Newfoundland. My wife and I celebrate our 50th anniversary in the place of our 1st home. I was stationed at Argentia. The staff were so helpful, polite, and friendly. The room was always very clean and fresh. I would certainly stay there again, and would recommend it to my friends. The hotel has wireless internet available, and an elevator for the handicapped. The bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: The second floor Northeast corner room has a great view, and is quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed at the Bridgeway for 1 night last night - it was such a modern, clean and welcoming place to stay! It looked recently renovated. I would recommend the owners create a website so that more visitors can find them and be able to experience how nice this place really is! I wish I could have stayed many more nights. The breakfast was great too.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 11daisy11
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Stayed at the Bridgeway August 13th to the 18th and we were glad we stayed at the hotel. The staff was very friendly, the rooms very clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the continental breakfast was great to have each morning before heading off to our daily adventures. I was told that the hotel was recently renovated and it clearly showed. It was nice to have a restaurant across the street and next door to the hotel itself.

Room Tip: Suggest having deadbolts on the room doors
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2011

What a hidden gem, hotel and rooms were clean and modern, beds were very comfortable, continental breakfast was plentiful. The staff were kind welcoming and accomodating, we booked last minute as our travel plans changed and stayed for two nights. This place isn't in the guide book yet, but once it is there it should be hopping and reservations will be hard to come by... 5-10 minutes to the Argentia ferry. Good food at the pub next door, fantastic board walk on the water front within walking distance.

Room Tip: Don't worry if you forgot something or need something the staff will help you out!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda L
Reviewed July 18, 2011

This place is very clean, actually it was recently renovated, so it's basically brand-new. The service was friendly and the location is good. The continental breakfast was ample as well. You can tell the manager is on top of things here.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank westyboy
Reviewed September 6, 2010

The exterior of the hotel is ordinary (someone told me it was an old fish packing building). However, the rooms are very clean. It has a "clean" smell when you get in. This two-floor hotel also has an elevator, which can be useful to handicapped guests. The flat screen was a bit small. There is a small kitchen near the lobby with bread, fruit, cereal, etc, for the morning breakfast. I even sneaked in the night to get a bowl of cereal ... Friendly service. But the reception desk is not opened 24h (advice for people wanting service 24h), but you get the front door key. Good hotel, good value. The exterior is nothing much, but I was surprised by the cleanliness of the property. Definitely a good pick if you are in the region. High speed internet definitely was definitely appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We were traviling by motorcycle across Newfoundland from North Carolina. Our stay at the Bridgeway was one of the highlights of our trip. After stopping at other motels, we found the Bridgeway. The owner was very friendly and worked with us according to our needs. The room was very clean and inviting. We were waiting on the ferry back to Nova Scotia. The ferry was delayed and we were allowed to stay as long as necessary. The rooms were very nice. We were in walking distance to restaurants and the water. The view from our room was great. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in Placentia. I hope to some day stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ridefreeo9

Been to Bridgeway Hotel? Share your experiences!