“Good place to stay.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Spruce Grove
Prince Rupert, Canada
“Good place to stay.”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed with two kids and a baby. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. There was complementary breakfast which included cereal, muffins, bagels, and a variety of breads. The kids were pleased with the food selection. This was a great place for us to stay and would go back again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Canadian_Girl0407
rinnexpress, Manager at Travelodge Spruce Grove, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback of the Royal Inn in Spruce Grove. We are happy that we were able to satisfy your family's tummies during your stay. We do take all your comments into account and we make the best of them as well. May your future travels take you forward to us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We have stayed in this hotel several times. It is a lovely place, and they have the "best" Breakfast ever! It is only 15 minutes out of Edmonton, it is cheaper than any hotel in Edmonton, and Spruce Grove is packed with many Restaurants and some great shopping. The staff and Management in this hotel are "great"!
I recommend it highly!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SnowbirdfromCanada
Thank you for your wonderful response to the Royal Inn in Spruce Grove. We are please that you are confident in what our hotel has to offer. We believe that a great and free! continental breakfast is a way of thanking you for your stay. We do our best in offerring a great value for what you are getting in return. You are always welcomed here for your future accomodation needs!
mmilitia
Reviewed June 9, 2011

This has to be the worst hotel ever.I don't even know where to begin.Horrible staff,crappy rooms.Heard doors slamming all night.Please avoid this place

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mmilitia
rinnexpress, Manager at Travelodge Spruce Grove, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
We at Royal Inn Express are sorry that our hotel did not live up to your expectations. We are currently in the process of a new ownership change, and training of new staff which may have affect your front end experience. However, there were no negative comments that were forwarded in person to any of our staff. If so we would have attempted to rectify the situation as soon as possible. The new owners will be working on making improvements to the hotel as a whole. We do hope you may reconsider any future accomodations plans with us in the future. Thank you.
Athabasca, Canada
Reviewed June 6, 2011

This hotel was a surprise to me. I was exhausted and this was the only hotel I had seen in a while. I decided to see what the rate would be. It wasn’t the best, to be honest, but I was tired and hungry.
The front desk staff was remarkable. Very pleasant and helpful both during check in and check out. The room was clean, cool, quiet and just what I needed. The hotel itself was located in-between a variety of restaurants so I was able to walk to an eatery right away.
One thing I would like to highlight with this hotel is that it was very quiet. I normally cannot sleep comfortably in hotels because of noise and uncomfortable room temperature, but his hotel was none of that. I slept like a dream.
The second highlight is that this hotel had an amazing continental breakfast. Simply scrumptious! There was so much variety and healthy options. It was truly a surprise!!
In the end, I would highly recommend this hotel. I would definitely stay in the Royal Inn Express Spruce Grove again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
mushuEdmonton, Owner at Travelodge Spruce Grove, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Thank you for your positive and insightful feedback of our hotel and staff. We take pride in providing our guest with the best stay possible. As for your mention of our average hotel rates, we have taken that into account. We have recently reduced the room price on our most popular rooms. We look forward to serving you in the future for any of your accomodation needs!
Banff, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2011

I was a little worried from the reviews on here so I thought I would let you know- currently it's just fine! It's a solid hotel with pleasant staff. We were there with a hockey team and a couple other teams were there as well. Very quiet, maybe partly due to the only ice machine being on the ground floor.

Showers were great. Lots of pressure and a clean bathroom. I'm not a fan of dark carpets and bed throws (you can't hide anything with white!), but it was just fine. Beds comfortable, mini fridge, fast, free internet in the room.

We are usually 4-5* travellers and this would be a solid 3.

We did not use the breakfast buffet due to early games and check out- smelled nice though.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sportsmum
Telecomguy
Reviewed December 8, 2009

For the last few years I have chosen to stay at this hotel in Spruce Grove. I stay there because it is always clean, the staff is courteous and friendly. I have no problems and now drama when I stay there. I stay in hotels up to 250 nights a year. This is one of the nicest medium priced hotels I have ever stayed in.

No complaints here. Well done to the staff and management.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Telecomguy
Edmonton
Reviewed December 2, 2009

Royal Inn Express Hotel-
Spruce Grove, Alberta. Canada
A Home Away from Home! Most Enjoyable Short Stay, was almost Fun to be Stranded!
Gerry,the General Manager(cannot remember his last name-started with a "W")seemed to know each Guest by name and their reason for staying at the Hotel and would greet & bid them farewell accordingly making everyone feel welcome & special. All of the staff were very pleasant & helpful.
Terms like "May I help you with that?", "Is there anything else I can do?", "Is Everything OK?" are used as part of the daily routine. Rooms were Spotless & well supplied. I adopted their unique way of folding the Bathmat and making the Shower Curtain look attractive in my own home.The Continental Breakfast was wonderful,especially the "Morning Glory" Muffins. Be sure to check out the Wall of Fame of the High End Entertainment that stays at this Hotel.
I would recommend this Hotel as it has "Personality Plus"-Real People, not just a Proprietor & Guests.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Courtyard Edmonton West
Courtyard Edmonton West
#2 of 93 in Edmonton
Days Inn & Suites West Edmonton

Been to Travelodge Spruce Grove? Share your experiences!