“Still Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
edmonton
“Still Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I dropped in two nights ago and were again greeted to a fantastic meal. We both love going here as we no we get amazing value for the money. Keep up the wonderful work guys.

1 Thank expect a

Spruce Grove, Canada
“Service slow - food very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

WE have been probably 6 times. Food is very good, service is consistently OK mostly I find the timing of food especially sushi is long… and timing is always off… we are always waiting at the end for a while for one last dish which by the time we get it we don't even really want anymore cause our kids are going crazy and waited too long that we realize we are full anyways. One time I waited over an hour for my edamame… we got them at the very end after all our meals and sushi… I assumed they forgot it had taken so long. Pricing is a touch high I find but only real Japanese restaurant in town so if you want sushi this is the place to go and it is delicious.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Edmonton, Canada
“Absolutely Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I really enjoyed my sushi experience here today. Edmonton (and area) seem to have very few high quality sushi places. I was uncertain what to expect for a sushi place out in the 'burbs. I shouldn't have waited so long to get out to Spruce.

The beef tataki was excellent and the sashimi was huge and tasty. The caterpillar rolls were something that I had never had before and was not disappointed.

The true highlight of the dinner was the dessert. We had the mango ice cream tempura. If you're a big fan of deep-fried ice cream, I highly recommend you try it.

The customer service was friendly and the food presentation was top-notch.

I will certainly go back. Definitely worth the 15 minute drive out of the city.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Vegaskev72
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice Building - Indifferent Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

I had lunch on March 6. The decor is very modern and nice with a nod to Japanese tradition by panels separating off many intimate spaces. Elegant high end toilet - so nice I couldn't help noticing. Both staff I interacted with were cheerful and competent. They did not have traditional roast barley tea so I went for green tea -plain and poor quality but in very nice pot.
Ordered their best bento box. Tuna and Salmon were fine. They quickly brought me low-salt soy sauce. Chicken was tasteless. The miso soup was very poor quality and had an aftertaste. Salad leafs were very nice as was sauce. They have the infrastructure and look - just need to really improve the cooking and use better ingredients.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Canada
“Fantastic gem!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Went for dinner, was quick service and great food!!! Good value! Surprising to have a good Japanese restaurant, because spruce grove isn't a cultural Mecca.

• Visited January 2014