“By far the best Vietnamese food in Spruce”
Review of Pho Thang Long

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pho Thang Long
Ranked #15 of 93 Restaurants in Spruce Grove
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed July 10, 2013

There are few to choose from but this place is by far the best. Don't go for the service. Go for the food. Don't even wait for them to bring you a bill just go to the cash register. It will be there waiting for you. That is where you will pay your bill anyway. Very clean and very good clean tasting food.

Made the mistake of trying the Vietnamese restaurant by rona because we were over there. Ugh. so gross, and so dirty. Tried another place in Spruce too (tasty vietnamese restaurant). It was ok. This place is by far the best though. The only vietnamese restaurant I will go to in Spruce.

There are newer reviews for Pho Thang Long

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Only because of trip advisor did I know that this resturant existed. I went there on a Friday afternoon for a late lunch. After reading the reviews I thought this may be a hidden gem in the Grove. I was WRONG. The service was ok until the waiter decided to go and eat his lunch at another table, we had to get up from our table twice to ask for more drinks and then for our bill, and the food tasted like over cooked Chinese food. I can recommend other places that serve awesome authentic Thai and Vietnamese food, but this for sure was not one of them.
for better Vietnamese food try Pho Vinh by the dollarama in Spruce.

2  Thank Lor5677
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We keep coming back each week we are in Spruce Grove for their WonTon soup. The stock is perfect, the Won Tons are their own recipe and the best thing is the mixture of vegetables blanched in the soup. They really add to it.
We've tried a few other items such as their Spring Rolls, both cooked and fresh, and some of their stir fries and all have been good, but its the soup that we keep reordering!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We went there for Dinner, and not knowing their dishes, asked the dippy waitress for any suggestions, and what she said was her favorite, "belly good" she said, was a shrimp with cashew and veggies in a tangy honey lemon sauce. sounded good to me. Not so. The very small bowl was filled with a few veggies, mostly green pepper and carrots, only 6 shrimp all swimming in a sauce so sweet it was not at all palatable. I had one taste(not even a shrimp) and almost spat it out for the sugar in it!
I pushed it away and waited for dippy to approach our table to ask if everything was ok. She kept looking at us and could see me sitting there just drinking the tea and the dish pushed to the edge of the table. Obviously avoiding us. She finally came over and asked if we would like a take-away container. well by this time my companion was finished his pho soup, which is huge, and I was mad. I told her that the dish was way too sweet to eat and all she could say was that some people like it, would you like something else? I sent it back and said it was too late for that. well she charged us 17.00 and 3.00 for side of rice. neither were touched!
Well they made their $20 and lost out on our 2-3 times a week that we have pho soup....we will just go elsewhere. I found that they are very cheep with ingredients except for noodles. Oh by the way.....I am a chef!

1  Thank Laurie229
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We went to the Thang Long for lunch on a weekend. The place was not that busy, but was very clean. We were waited on promptly, and our food came very quickly. My husband had pho, and I had the peach and coconut shrimp, both were very good. We also had salad rolls for a starter, they were also very good. We do not live in Spruce Grove, but when I get a chance, I would absolutely go back.