“Quiet weekend”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Zichron Yaakov
haifa
“Quiet weekend”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Food was great a lot of choices and very tasty good service short walk from center of town wiyh many quaint shops
rooms were clean and nice jacuzziu on first floor cozy family hotel. Place was well cared for nice gardening walking distance to quaint shops.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hebrew first
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stopped here out of season (was working nearby) & I was well looked after.

Beautiful view from the room & external eating area & close enought to the town with its bars & eateries.

Slept really well & the rooms were spotlessly clean.
I had a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rehovot, Israel
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We booked five rooms for our family for the two nights of the New Year, 6-7/9/2013, at the Maimon hotel, breakfast included. We got a decent room, roomy, neat; we could even glimpse the sea from a window corner. Standard hotel room: double bed, two small night tables, an armchair and a small table in the corner. We paid 1516 NIS. Our daughter, with a family of five, received a room not bigger than ours, with the five beds tightly packed from wall to wall, no moving space left. Nevertheless, they paid 2400 NIS, in those ‘camping’ conditions.
At breakfast there was only coffee from the automatic dispenser, in plastic cups, or rough ceramic cups without saucers.
And, I had a very unpleasant experience. I forgot in the room a few garments, which could be easily packed in an A4 envelope. I phoned the hotel, Eitamar picked up the phone and told me that they are willing to mail them for 80NIS, or for me to send somebody to pick them up. When I questioned the exorbitant mailing fees he claimed, he became very impolite, remarking that I am so stingy for just a few agurot (pennies). I suggested may be to send the parcel to somebody they have business near Tel Aviv, at which he replied that he cannot send stuff belonging to an older woman to anybody. Why should age be an issue? Why should ‘old age’ become derogative? What does he know about that older woman, about what that older person did during the long years, for his country, for him? Does he know how much he may own to these older people?
Deeply hurt

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ruth D
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Me and my wife spent 3 days at the hotel ,we had a grate time .
The place is nice and clean .
If you are looking for a quite and peacfull place it is the right location for you.
We recomend ,enjoy
Eliad & Batya

• Stayed August 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My friend and I stumbled across the Beit Maimon and we were so glad we did. This was one of the best hotel experiences we've had. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the views were amazing and the amenities were great. Definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in the Zichron Yaakov area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank stephster1984
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The place is in a very good location, with amazing view yet expensive , with this price you expect more
We have a fishe smell in the room and my wife had some complaint about it, I didn't find it disturbing

• Stayed July 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I recently spent 2 nights at the Hotel Beit Maimon in Zichron Ya'akov. First of all, Zichron is probably my favorite place in Israel, but this was the first time I was able to stay overnight there. Prior to this trip I had always done day trips to Zichron or stayed in nearby Caesaria.
The prior reviews of Beit Maimon are dead on. The hotel borders between a strong two star and weak three star hotel. The steps leading to the hotel and the internal stairs to your room are a burden with luggage, but otherwise not a bother, especially since Zichron is on a hill. The staff at the hotel are courteous. The breakfast was nice as well. The room we stayed in on the third floor was clean and while the bathroom is very small, it was functional. The picture of the hotel are probably the best view of the facilities (ie, the pool is above ground). I would say that based on cost you are really paying for location in Zichron. In the future I would probably opt to stay in Caesaria for around the same cost, but if I wanted to walk around Zichron I would still consider Beit Maimon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ramada Resort Hadera Beach
My Place in the Colony
My Place in the Colony
#3 of 4 in Zichron Yaakov

Been to Hotel Beit Maimon? Share your experiences!