“Great Coffee”

Cafe Kilimanjaro
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe Kilimanjaro, located just off the pedestrian mall in Zichron Yaakov, is a coffee lover's delight. We roast our own beans, and the coffee is the best in the region. Finally, we have a friendly, English speaking staff that really cares about you and the service you're getting. In our opinion, Cafe K is a must when in Zichron, and worth the drive even if you're not! Looking forward to meeting you.
Lincolnshire, Illinois
“Great Coffee”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was the best coffee I have had in Israel. The owner was very friendly. He made "real" coffee out of "real" ground beans. Great stop for Americans wanting a great cup of coffee.

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Zichron Yaakov, Israel
“(Kosher Dairy) delicious coffee, breakfast, lunch and dinner!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I enjoyed kilimanjaro so much the first time for lunch that I went back with a friend for breakfast. Besides their delicious coffee, their new food menu is unique for Israel--not just the same typical israeli dishes offered in all the kosher dairy restaurants. The first time I was there my husband and I split the goat cheese/fruit salad and kiliburger (veggie mushroom burger). We didn't even come so hungry, but scarfed it all down and then also ordered their gluten free warm chocolate cake. They have a number of gluten-free and vegan options. The next time I was there my friend and I split an order of pancakes and the K Sunrise (eggs, hashbrowns, cheese, spinach, bread)... the combination of the sweet and salty was decadent, and the chewy pancakes reminded of me of cracker barrel pancakes back home. It'll be hard for me to decide next time whether to order the same dishes or try something new. Portion sizes and prices are reasonable.

Also they have different flavored coffee beans which you can buy fresh (or ground) including decaf.

New York
“Coffee theme bar”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The highlight of the bar is that the owner, who is passionate about coffee is very involved and hands on. I read many reviews of the place being popular with Anglos so I was really hoping to find American style coffee in Israel (mission impossible in Israel). After the waitress tried to convince me that the cold cappuccino is similar to what I was looking for, I reluctantly agreed. Well, a cold cappuccino is a cappuccino but cold... not what I was looking for. At the conclusion of our visit, the owner approached us to inquire about our experience and then explained to me that I should have asked for "filtered" coffee and about the french press and vacuum prep, and offered that instead, however by then we were satiated (the Kilimanjaro cake is delicious!!!!) however we enjoyed being there and will definitely visit again when in town.

The street is poorly numbered, so to reach Kilimanjaro you have to walk up HaMeyasdim, past the barrier, as it at the beginning of the street in what looks like a more residential part.

Tel Aviv
“cute, where the local anglos go”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is one of the only cafes in Zichron that is not touristy. the owner and most of the staff are american, and the few times i've been there the customers were also anglos living in the area. it has a very nice vibe, lots of wood and stone, the coffee is great. don't know about the pastry, haven't tried it. it's kosher so it's closed on saturdays.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank NatalieCohnDavidson
Ra'anana, HaMerkaz, Israel
“Really superb coffee”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I always enjoy visiting Zichron Yaakov, but had I not read reviews on TripAdvisor I would have walked right past this great coffee house. Whilst it is on the main street, Cafe Kilimanjiro is partly hidden and obscured by the adjoining shops.

Happily we found the cafe and enjoyed a really superb cup of house blend, served on the hotter side of warm rather than the more standard Israeli 'luke warm'. I was with a very particular friend who gave me carte blanche to quote her opinion that 'Both the coffee and the cheesecake score top marks' - and that was after the wooden chair she chose to sit on collapsed under her so she really had no reason to be kind!

David, the enthusiastic owner, was lovely to chat to. He arranged for cake and candles for the two birthday girls I was with and even sang 'Happy Birthday' to them which was above and beyond the call of duty.

I bought a bag of beans, nice and freshly roasted, which David recommended for use with a french press/cafetiere. They have been a hit at home.

The only problem with Cafe Kilimanjaro is finding a cafe locally that serves a coffee which is anywhere near as good!

Visited January 2014