“Coffee theme bar”

Cafe Kilimanjaro
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Description: Cafe Kilimanjaro, located just off the pedestrian mall in Zichron Yaakov, is a coffee lover's delight. We roast our own beans, and the coffee is the best in the region. Finally, we have a friendly, English speaking staff that really cares about you and the service you're getting. In our opinion, Cafe K is a must when in Zichron, and worth the drive even if you're not! Looking forward to meeting you.
New York
“Coffee theme bar”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The highlight of the bar is that the owner, who is passionate about coffee is very involved and hands on. I read many reviews of the place being popular with Anglos so I was really hoping to find American style coffee in Israel (mission impossible in Israel). After the waitress tried to convince me that the cold cappuccino is similar to what I was looking for, I reluctantly agreed. Well, a cold cappuccino is a cappuccino but cold... not what I was looking for. At the conclusion of our visit, the owner approached us to inquire about our experience and then explained to me that I should have asked for "filtered" coffee and about the french press and vacuum prep, and offered that instead, however by then we were satiated (the Kilimanjaro cake is delicious!!!!) however we enjoyed being there and will definitely visit again when in town.

The street is poorly numbered, so to reach Kilimanjaro you have to walk up HaMeyasdim, past the barrier, as it at the beginning of the street in what looks like a more residential part.

• Visited February 2014

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Tel Aviv
“cute, where the local anglos go”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is one of the only cafes in Zichron that is not touristy. the owner and most of the staff are american, and the few times i've been there the customers were also anglos living in the area. it has a very nice vibe, lots of wood and stone, the coffee is great. don't know about the pastry, haven't tried it. it's kosher so it's closed on saturdays.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank NatalieCohnDavidson
Ra'anana, HaMerkaz, Israel
“Really superb coffee”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I always enjoy visiting Zichron Yaakov, but had I not read reviews on TripAdvisor I would have walked right past this great coffee house. Whilst it is on the main street, Cafe Kilimanjiro is partly hidden and obscured by the adjoining shops.

Happily we found the cafe and enjoyed a really superb cup of house blend, served on the hotter side of warm rather than the more standard Israeli 'luke warm'. I was with a very particular friend who gave me carte blanche to quote her opinion that 'Both the coffee and the cheesecake score top marks' - and that was after the wooden chair she chose to sit on collapsed under her so she really had no reason to be kind!

David, the enthusiastic owner, was lovely to chat to. He arranged for cake and candles for the two birthday girls I was with and even sang 'Happy Birthday' to them which was above and beyond the call of duty.

I bought a bag of beans, nice and freshly roasted, which David recommended for use with a french press/cafetiere. They have been a hit at home.

The only problem with Cafe Kilimanjaro is finding a cafe locally that serves a coffee which is anywhere near as good!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Cazfc
Kfar Saba, Israel
“Cozy and Delicious”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a place for coffee and this place looked wonderful. We were not disappointed.

There is a coffee or tea for every taste including Cappuccino with Chocolate, Rooibos Cappuccino and of course all the regular espressos and lattes.

the desserts are incredible - worth the splurge of calories we had the chocolate no flour cake. YUM!
They will soon be serving salads and sandwiches too. Great place.

• Visited November 2013
Zichron Yaakov, Israel
“If you are passionate about your coffee...”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

You should really check out Cafe Kilimanjaro. The owner David, will be happy to explain all about the way he sources and roasts his coffee beans. He serves great coffee with a lot of enthusiasm and passion. It's a small cafe with seating inside for about 12 and additional seating outdoors. The Cafe also has a selection of baked goods and David bakes fresh Challah bread every Friday. There is plenty of parking a rarity in Zichron Ya'akov.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MikeTheTourGuide
David_Strausberg, Owner at Cafe Kilimanjaro, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hi Mike! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We work hard to serve the best cup of coffee we can - sourcing, roasting, brewing, and we're happy to share our coffee knowledge with anyone who'd like to know more about what they're drinking. Come again soon!
Regards,