“Motel gone down hill”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I used to stay at this hotel every time we visited Natchez. This stay will be our last for sure. It has not been taken care of and is run down. I dreamed of bugs all night. There are many new motels in the area now so they will be getting our business.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank msbricko
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Please avoid this hotel at all cost, after arriving home the next day, I discovered at least 20 bedbugs. Never in my life had I ever had this experience. I wrote to the Quality Inns Corp but they would not take any responsibility because they put it on the franchise owner, Mr. Eric Patel. I really hope that they do not make it because I don't think they care, clean up or expect zero clients.

Room Tip: Even after you see a room and check the beds sometimes you just have to look at the neighborhood. F...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ManiagoRina
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I selected this hotel from the Choice Hotel website because I was under the impression that if they listed it on their site they stood by the overall quality of this hotel. As soon as I turned in the parking lot, I noticed that most of the businesses in the area were closed down. The attendant was not rude, but, she was not very friendly either. After we checked in, my wife and I walked over to our room. The room was dirty and not even cleaned yet. The top blanket was thrown in a chair and appeared to have a blood stain on it. The room had a musty smell. I did not go any further than the door. My wife looked at the mattress out of curiosity and noticed cigarette burns. Also she said the sink plumbing in the bathroom was propped up with pieces of wood. We returned to the front office to request a refund. First off, I can't believe that CHOICE HOTEL still allows this establishment to use the QUALITY INN name. The state of Mississippi Health department needs to pay this place a visit quickly. Stay away...find you another hotel if you want real "Quality" in Natchez. We ended up finding another place to stay in the business area of the city.

Room Tip: Search for another establishment in the Natchez area!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xbbradley
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Awhful!! This place is old, musty, nasty and need the choice name removed. It does not meet the choice standards. Seriously, I only stayed for a minute and immediately requested a refund! I should have known better. When we drove up and all the businesses around the hotel were closed that was my cue to keep driving.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Requested and got a non-smoking room with several cigarette burns in the bed spread. Value for this type of room is about $50.00 Breakfast was adequate, bathroom has not been refreshed and where they did in the buest room by the sinks the wallpaper had ripples and was loose on the wall.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

These rooms were very worn and dated, hotel should not even be allowed to be in chain of choice hotels. Not a choice!

Reservation was for a non-smoking king. Room reaped with smoke and had at least 10 holes in bed sheet from cigaret burns. Asked for another room and 2nd one better but still stinks.

Would not recommend at all.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Previous reviews of this property are very generous. This is a worn property with a new sign. The rooms are musty and the bathrooms are sorely in need of updating and maintenance. There was black mold on the ceiling, the tub was surrounded with mold, and the place needs an inspection by both local officials and Quality Inn parent team. The best part of this experience was the congenial staff working the front desk. I do not recommend this site as a place to stay.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo