“Not at all the greatest, but...”
Review of Days Inn Natchez

Days Inn Natchez
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Myself & family were there from MI for a June wedding. The value was ok but the location was great for where we had to be. My 1st room had a terrible ring around the tub & one of the beds had many sorts of hairs in it. I complained to the clerk Carolyn, who is awesome & has excellent customer service, & she so graciously moved us to another room. That room was a lot better but still had a ring in the tub. Besides all that, breakfast was good & Barbara was very accomdating , hospitable & polite...such a sweet, humble spirit. Last thing, please take down the conferate flag hanging out front. It was offensive to me & I'm sure its offensive to other black american patrons.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank kd4seasons
rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

It was a pleasure to be able to host you and your family for your wedding. I apologize for a couple of the mishaps that occurred along the way of your stay but it seems like you were ultimately happy. Also, it is very nice that you had kind words to say about Carolyn and Barbara. They are true people persons and it is nice to know their genuine hospitality showed brightly through to you and your family. Lastly, about the flag out front, we have five flying and they portray the fact that Natchez has been governed by the following five nations and dates of dominance are as follows:

French: 1716-1763
British: 1763-1779
Spanish: 1779-1798
USA: 1798-present and finally
the Confederate flag which governed 1861-1865.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Natchez

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great customer service. Room was ok. We spent very little time in the room. It was nice and very BIG! the John Wayne Room. Ask for it, it will fit a family of 4 easily.
Breakfast was better during week than on Weekend.
The 5 pm supper was a great added feature. Get there early though or the food will be gone.
Lorraine the front desk clerk was AWESOME!!!. So helpful and friendly. She is an asset and a gem.

Room Tip: Ask for the John Wayne Movie Rooms. They are HUGE!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

It is nice to hear you enjoyed our John Wayne suite. We are very proud of those rooms. That particular wing of the hotel was built in 1959 when John Wayne was filming his movie The Horse Soldiers. John Holden and William Ford stayed in that wing too. Also, i am happy to hear you got to try our supper too. That is something we have worked very hard on the past few months. Our supper is as good as any restaurant would serve plus it is home made. It's a full supper with an entree, a side dish, cornbread muffins and tea. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Oh, and thanks for mentioning Lorraine. She has been with us a very long time and she loves to demonstrate genuine southern hospitality. Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. Take care my friend

Reviewed June 7, 2014

From the moment we called first to check rates of all are hotels, my husband informed me "Ms. Carolyn seems awful nice!" We called other area hotels and found a better rate, however, we booked this hotel strictly off of the fact that Carolyn was so pleasant. When I called to book the reservation, she admitted she was tied up and instead of putting me on and endless hold wait, she asked if She could call me back personally and that she would hold a room until then.
When we arrived late as two sleepy parents on a road trip with a 6-month old, Carolyn was warm, friendly, and put a smile on all of our faces (even my sleepy baby!) She promptly gave extra towels and when I was lacking extra quarters for the on-site laundry, she dug them out of her OWN wallet (she refused reimbursement, but I refused to not repay such kindness she showed toward this thankful mom). The following morning after I locked my keys in our car, the woman at the desk (I am sorry I forgot your name!) looked up the local key recovery man. Also, the breakfast was homemade by a lovely woman, and Ms.Pat who checked us out, was more than happy to give directions to local attractions.

The room was clean and spacious, however, a slight musty-ness was in the air which I concluded was the 90 degree South in a hotel with a wooded area behind it. Room a little outdated.

We have stayed in hotels around the world, but I will confidently say Days Inn Natchez has the best staff I have encountered! If you are in the area and need a warm welcome, come in!

Room Tip: First floor easier due to lack of elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Carolyn is one of those special people that only comes along once in a while. She's wonderfully friendly, always has a big smile on her face, and always eager to treat people the way she would in her own home. She is a huge asset to the Days Inn of Natchez. Also, thank you for noticing our breakfast is home made. We have two cooks on staff that can prepare the best breakfast so i am happy to hear you got to experience it. We do have a home-made supper in the evenings Monday - Thursday that i think you would enjoy very much too. Some nights we have beef stroganoff (my favorite) and other nights we will have chicken casserole or juicy hamburgers and hot dogs and then some days we will have Jambalaya while other days we will have meatloaf patties (another favorite of mine). All entrees are served with a side item, and dinner rolls or cornbread muffins. Thank you for such a lovely, kind review. We really appreciate it.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

$50 (with tourist coupon) for a comfortable, clean room in this motel included a simple and adequate supper (Mon to Thurs evenings only) plus breakfast. Thanks to friendly, helpful front desk staff, Pat, for your southern hospitality.

Room Tip: A room on the quiet side from the Hwy would be better.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

I'm glad you got to take advantage of our coupon rate and i am also very pleased to here you got to partake in our supper. It is lovingly made by hand by two wonderful cooks that have been with us for quite some time so they know how to cook a genuine southern supper. Also, thank you so much for mentioning Pat. She has been working for the hotel for many years now and is super dedicated to her job and the Days Inn of Natchez would not be the same without her. Thank you so much for complimenting her on her genuine southern hospitality. Take care my friend and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed here on May 23, 2014 and enjoyed our one night stay in Natchez at this hotel. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We were given one of the deluxe rooms (it was clean and very comfortable with a lovely long porch and rocking chairs to sit in) since I needed a bottom floor due to traveling with an elderly lady. Room was nice and clean. Unfortunately when we all settled in for the night, a lizard decided to share our room (probably sneaked in while we were on the porch). We tried to get it out, but couldn't. Called front desk, but the lady wasn't able to to leave her post to help since she was the only one there (it was after ten at night). She did offer to move us to another deluxe room. We did move and this room - The"John Wayne Room" was also clean and comfortable and thankfully lizard-free. :) The pool was clean and I could smell a very light scent of chlorine so I know it was sanitized. :) Breakfast the next morning was wonderful. They kept it stocked and it was warm and delicious! Check-out went smoothly and the again the staff was super friendly and helpful! I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again myself. Yes, the rooms are a bit dated and no, it's not a 4 star resort, but for a 2 or 3 star hotel it is definitely a good choice. The lizard incident was not really the fault of the hotel and they were very good about fixing the situation. The lizard probably sneaked in while we were going in and out to sit on the lovely porch! :)

Room Tip: I would ask for one of the deluxe rooms. :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TameliaT
rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

I appreciate you giving us such a lovely review. It seems like you really enjoyed yourself here at the Days Inn of Natchez. The "John Wayne" wing of our hotel is very special to us. It was built in 1959 and John Wayne, John Ford, and William Holden stayed in that wing while they were filming The Horse Soldiers. We offer free copies of the movie in the room to any guest that would like it. Also, very occasionally we will have a problem with a lizard sneaking into a room but we use a repellent that keeps them away. It does not kill them. It just makes them not want to sneak into one of our rooms. Also, i am glad you took advantage of our new breakfast. It is called the Days Inn Daybreak Breakfast and it is chock full of goodies. Like fresh-baked waffles, biscuits with spicy sausage grave, cheese omelettes, fresh-baked breads, creamy oatmeal and much more. I am so pleased you enjoyed yourself at our hotel and we hope to see you again very soon. Take care my friend.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Its okay not the best not the worst I have stayed in. Its a older in need of remodeling but clean and they have SMOKING rooms. Traveling with a much older parent that smokes can be a challenge. But when you cant find a room because of the smoking makes it much worst. I dont smoke but my parent does and your not going to tell a 80 year old they cant.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

I'm so glad we could accommodate you and your parent. I can imagine it would be frustrating to find a hotel that has smoking when you are traveling with a parent that smokes. We like to accommodate everyone so it is our pleasure to offer smoking rooms to our guests. I am glad you enjoyed yourself at our hotel. Take care my friend.