“A Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Natchez
Monroe, Louisiana
“A Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed here on May 23, 2014 and enjoyed our one night stay in Natchez at this hotel. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We were given one of the deluxe rooms (it was clean and very comfortable with a lovely long porch and rocking chairs to sit in) since I needed a bottom floor due to traveling with an elderly lady. Room was nice and clean. Unfortunately when we all settled in for the night, a lizard decided to share our room (probably sneaked in while we were on the porch). We tried to get it out, but couldn't. Called front desk, but the lady wasn't able to to leave her post to help since she was the only one there (it was after ten at night). She did offer to move us to another deluxe room. We did move and this room - The"John Wayne Room" was also clean and comfortable and thankfully lizard-free. :) The pool was clean and I could smell a very light scent of chlorine so I know it was sanitized. :) Breakfast the next morning was wonderful. They kept it stocked and it was warm and delicious! Check-out went smoothly and the again the staff was super friendly and helpful! I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again myself. Yes, the rooms are a bit dated and no, it's not a 4 star resort, but for a 2 or 3 star hotel it is definitely a good choice. The lizard incident was not really the fault of the hotel and they were very good about fixing the situation. The lizard probably sneaked in while we were going in and out to sit on the lovely porch! :)

Room Tip: I would ask for one of the deluxe rooms. :)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank TameliaT
rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
I appreciate you giving us such a lovely review. It seems like you really enjoyed yourself here at the Days Inn of Natchez. The "John Wayne" wing of our hotel is very special to us. It was built in 1959 and John Wayne, John Ford, and William Holden stayed in that wing while they were filming The Horse Soldiers. We offer free copies of the movie in the room to any guest that would like it. Also, very occasionally we will have a problem with a lizard sneaking into a room but we use a repellent that keeps them away. It does not kill them. It just makes them not want to sneak into one of our rooms. Also, i am glad you took advantage of our new breakfast. It is called the Days Inn Daybreak Breakfast and it is chock full of goodies. Like fresh-baked waffles, biscuits with spicy sausage grave, cheese omelettes, fresh-baked breads, creamy oatmeal and much more. I am so pleased you enjoyed yourself at our hotel and we hope to see you again very soon. Take care my friend.

Steve Rosberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Its okay not the best not the worst I have stayed in. Its a older in need of remodeling but clean and they have SMOKING rooms. Traveling with a much older parent that smokes can be a challenge. But when you cant find a room because of the smoking makes it much worst. I dont smoke but my parent does and your not going to tell a 80 year old they cant.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I'm so glad we could accommodate you and your parent. I can imagine it would be frustrating to find a hotel that has smoking when you are traveling with a parent that smokes. We like to accommodate everyone so it is our pleasure to offer smoking rooms to our guests. I am glad you enjoyed yourself at our hotel. Take care my friend.

Dortmund, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

We booked the room from Germany month before our stay for one night on 05/27/2014.
The welcome was friendly. We got a rooat in the pper level.
On first look the room seems to be ok. But..... There was toiletpaper in the toilet and the flushing was out of service. So we changed the room.
The second one was also located upstairs.
The flushing worked, but....
There were a lot of damages at the bed cover - burn holes and staines. Also the walls, the carpet and towels had staines.
On the next morning we noticed, that the carpet in front of the sink was wet. There must be a leaking under the sink.
The hotel was a year before in a much better shape.
The room gehts only 2 stars. The third star is for the great breakfast. You get all you need.
Waffles, toast, sausauge and other good stuff.
The neighborhood seems Safe & calm

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
It is nice to hear you booked with us to start your travels all the way from Germany. It is an honor to hear that. I'm a glad you enjoyed our breakfast so much. It is new and we upgraded it about three months ago and it has been a huge hit. Guests like yourself love it. I hope you got to try our new waffles. We started using a new mix that requires it to be home made and they are wonderful. There are so many items on it to accommodate most any folks diet whether it be low carb or low fat....we've got it. I will get with my executive housekeeper to let her know of the things that were not perfect with the room and i will get them corrected immediately. Once again, thank you for staying with us and safe travels. Take care.

Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The staff is very nice, especially Ms. Pat at the front desk. I was in Natchez working in area for four weeks and stayed in the same room during that entire time. To me, it was my home away from home. In the room was a mini-fridge, single-cup coffee maker, and microwave. Typical hot breakfast in the morning, but Mon.-Thurs. was a hot supper! The parking lot seemed full every night, so they must be doing something right! If and when I am back in the area to work for an extending time, I will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
It is great to hear you consider us your home away from home and all the employees of Days Inn in Natchez like to contribute to that feeling by demonstrating genuine southern hospitality. Especially Pat. She's great. Pat has been with us for a very long time and guests love her. Thank you for mentioning her. Also, i am glad you mentioned our supper. We love preparing that for our guests. It is home-made prepared with loving care by our two wonderful cooks that know how to prepare a good southern-style supper. We love trying new things for our supper so on your next visit with us we will probably be serving items we didnt have before and i think you will love it even more. Thank you for your review. Take care my friend.

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Very nice staff, they were able to accommodate a late check out (1pm) at no extra cost, very low pet fee (10$), easy access to down town. The room was pretty run down though...a bit of a smell, hair on the floor, stained toilet, marks on the wall. Might have been because it was a holiday weekend, but the rate was on the high end in my opinion for the level of cleanliness....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for sharing your thoughts of our hotel here in Natchez. We have a wonderful staff of good folks that enjoy talking care of you, our guest, when they are staying with us. We also like to accommodate as much as we can so it was our pleasure to extend to you a late check out with no additional fees. We have a few new housekeepers that are doing their best but they are learning and they show enthusiasm and initiative and will definitely get better. We have an executive housekeeper who checks the rooms every day and I, the general manger, check between 8 and 10 rooms a day. On our last mystery inspection from our corporate office we got a B and on our next one we intend to get an A!!!! So on your next visit with us everything will be perfect. Take care

Steve Rosberg

Travelers are raving about these Natchez hotels