“average room, great staff”
Review of Days Inn Natchez

Days Inn Natchez
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Dunwoody, Georgia
“average room, great staff”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This hotel is a pretty typical Days Inn that is clean but an older property. The room was comfortable and everything worked like it was supposed to including the wireless internet. In addition to the free breakfast, there is also a free dinner 4 or 5 nights a week but we didn't give it a try. I liked the fact that they had a coin laundry and I also liked that there was a mini fridge and microwave in the room. The staff was very friendly and made our stay more comfortable. I'd stay again since I'm on a budget.

Room Tip: I'd stay downstairs if possible
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I am glad you had a nice stay with us. We are very fortunate to have good reception for our high speed internet here at Days Inn. Next time you stay with us i encourage you to try our super supper!! I think you would enjoy the great comfort foods we serve on it. We hope to see you again soon. Take care my friend

Steve Rosberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Madison, MS
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel several times and it seems each time it gets progressively worst . This time I was in room 150 on back side. It wins the award of the worst mattress I have ever slept in ( try) in over 30 years of being a sales rep. I don't know if it was my imagination but I also felt like small bugs were crawling on me and bitting me.

When I complained upon check out the only response was we will let our GM know, not even an apology or anything to retain me as a customer.

I will not stay here again, but if you do, DO NOT stay on back side of hotel . Rooms seem to be worst and construction workers seem to hang out drinking back there. They did not cause problems, just don't feel as safe.

• Stayed July 2013
I apologize for the unsatisfactory sleep you had on one of our beds. We are in the process of upgrading our property with new furniture items and that includes mattresses. Please call me at the hotel so we can discuss things a little more in depth if you like. You can reach me at 601-445-8291. Take care

Steve Rosberg

Travelers are raving about these Natchez hotels

Georgia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I don't know what type of customers are stating this is a nice place unless the owners are the ones putting up reviews - but by far it isn't! We stayed this past weekend, I couldn't even take my grandchild to the pool for all of the gang of people (men/boys and women in clothes) driving up on the side and getting out in truck loads to swim (knowing these weren't guest). I told the front desk agent, I believe you have non-paying guest in your pool and her reply was, "sir, there isn't anything we can really do about that, I will tell the manager" and I was never able to see him, the manager, during our very short stay. The rooms we had were in need of serious remodeling or torn-down. The furniture is old and pieced together, the smell is of black mold and you would think the owners would spend some money into this place. This exterior motel is solely for budget stays, construction workers, and people that don't care how they treat a place. We will never stay at a Days Inn property again. Also, don't ask for a refund, they don't give one, or anything off your bill. The only thing that was semi-comforting was the breakfast.

Room Tip: No rooms are worth staying at Days Inn if you are not the type of clientele they are accustomed to g...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
It is disheartning to hear you had such a negative stay with us. New management is on board now and things are going to start improving. We have had problems with people who are not registered at our hotel using our pool and we are putting measures in place that will curtail that. I hope the next time you are in Natchez you will give us another try. Take care
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed there this spring(March 2013) and it was awful! First they put us in a "non-smoking" room at the back of the motel and we opened the door and it reeked of old smoke AND the back "lawn' was full of black garbage bags -lots of them. They put us in another room(after telling us that the first one could not have smelled like old smoke????? We were lying?And the room they put us in-well, the tv did not work, wifi(no-it did not work-too far from the source) and the outside hall was dirty AND a dirty diaper was by the NON-WORKING pop machine, etc.We went to the Executive Inn next-door the next night and although old, better experience.

Room Tip: Dump! They have a good looking exterior, but the management is not good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Hello:

My name is Steve Rosberg and I am the new general manager of Days Inn of Natchez. I am sorry to hear your experience with the hotel was so negative a few months ago back in March. Since the Days Inn is under new management now positive changes are coming and, actually, they are already here. If your travels take you back to historic Natchez, MS I hope you will decide to stay with us again so you can experience first hand the wonderful changes that are happening to our nice little hotel. Take care
New Orleans
Reviewed June 27, 2013

When we first arrived the room that was assigned to us was in the back. When we got to the room the curtain was done and it was mildew and room had a smell. Spoke to the front desk and they was able to give us another room. That room was much better, Very satisfied with the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the room we switched you to. I will make absolutely certain the shower curtain is either replaced or washed completely before putting it back into use. Thank you for letting us know about the issue. I hope to see you back again at the Days Inn of Natchez very soon. Take Care

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Days Inn had a great breakfast and the people were very friendly. The room was clean and the bed comfortable for the reasonable price.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed our southern hospitality. We have had a management change and positive changes are coming to the hotel so we hope to see you back in the near future. Until then, my friend, take care.