“Rooms on back side of hotel not as nice as front side”
Review of Days Inn Natchez

Days Inn Natchez
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I usually stay at this hotel when in town because my company won't pay more than $90 a night for a room.

It is usually averse for a cheap hotel, but I was placed on the back side of the hotel on this trip, which I did not like, i did not feel as safe. The room had peeling calk or mole in bathroom. This amazes me! Calk is cheap, clean up your room Days Inn!!!

When I went to get a shower there was no soap or shampoo. The TV none of the bottom half of TV channels did not work.

Told front desk , but all they could do is give me a discount on my next trip if I want to return .

• Stayed: April 2013
days06417, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for your review for Days Inn Natchez. Our rooms on the back side of hotel are designated pet friendly and for extended stays. I am thankful you have brought the maintenance issues at hand to our attention. However in the future, please do so while on property if you ever encounter anything of error with your room. We are here 24 hours to assist and will be glad to relocate if there is a request from our valued guest.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We do a lot of road tripping and stay at a lot of "budget" hotels. Our criteria are free WiFi, fridge, microwave, free breakfast and clean room. This place met those criteria. That would qualify as an average rating from us. But, there is more. Monday through Thursday there is a free hot supper on a first come first served basis. It is not gourmet, but it is tasty. Additionally, there is a hot breakfast as well. I will say that they try to be helpful. I asked about getting a desk chair, and sure enough twenty minutes later a person brought one by the room. This place certainly is dated. But we found the place clean and comfortable. If we come to Natchez again, we would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
days06417, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for your review regarding Days Inn Natchez. We value our guest opinions and appreciate the time it took you to post your review. Our professional and courteous staff are here 24 hrs. to assist in making your stay an enjoyable occasion.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The front desk host was reasonably pleasant, but there wasn't much else positive to speak of.
My room had obviously not been prepared properly:
• The carpet was littered with specks of trash.
• There were no towels in my restroom.
• Half of the lightbulbs in the room didn't work.
When I called the front desk to alert him to the dirtyness of the room and my need for towels, his excuse for inaction was that "We are very full this evening, sir." I had to walk across the parking lot to fetch my towels.
I feel that this should have been the host's job. It wasn't my fault that the room attendants had done a poor job.
I understand that this hotel is run with efficiency in mind, but it should also be run in a way that ensures that all the bases are covered - every room is clean, properly appointed, etc. Don't offer a guest a room unless you are certain that it is in good condition.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your reply regarding Days Inn Natchez. I am sorry to hear that your room service did not meet up to your expectations. I have spoken to the clerk regarding his dismiss for your concerns. I did notice that during your courtesy call, he offered to move your room to meet your needs, however you declined. We also have a evening housekeeping attendant in the evening that can quickly accommodate you with towels or dry goods your room may have been missing. Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. We strive to operate a clean and professional lodging establishment, and hope that you will consider us if traveling to Natchez, MS again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The first room we were assigned had a toilet that would not stop running. we were assigned another room that the toilet was not properly secured to the floor. The room clerk said they would notify maintenance, but they could not do anything about it that day. It didn't seem like an urgent matter to the clerk. We noticed that later that same day of check in the first room was rented to some one else.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for writing your response about Days Inn. In researching your room issues, you checked into the hotel in the evening where maintenance had left for the day, however they quickly fixed the issue at hand the next morning for your first room and then for yours. We address maintenance issues reported by our guest as quickly as possible; as well as any issues. I hope that you did have a nice sleep on our new Simmons mattress and enjoyed the hot breakfast buffet we offer. I truly appreciate the fact that you have brought this to my attention, and hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here because it is a pet-friendly facility. Our room looked like it had been trashed by the previous occupants: Bottom of bedspread chewed off, drapery unhooked and sagging, a leg completely broken off of one of the box springs, the pop-up in the sink didn't work. In all fairness, the front desk person was extremely apologetic and offered to switch rooms, but we elected to stay where we were for one night. Motel looks great from the outside, and is in a convenient location. For the amount charged, a very disappointing stay.

Room Tip: Demand to see room you are being assigned BEFORE checking in.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I appreciate the time you took in writing a review about Days Inn Natchez. We do have designated pet rooms for our guest however the lack of standards being unmet is concerning. We appreciate when a guest informs us of issues while in the room so that we can make it right; and offer comfortable rooms. I do hope you enjoyed other great amenities we offered such as iron, ironing boards, hairdryers, refrigerators and microwaves in all rooms. Also our hot breakfast buffet is not one to miss, so I do hope you were able to enjoy our offerings. Thank you again for your review, and please do give us another try in the future while visiting Natchez