“Very Nice Place,”

Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here while visiting Natchez. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was great. The southern hospitality was obvious. This is a really good place to stay. Natchez is not the quaint lilt southern town it once was. I could not believe how much it has grown in the past 20 years.

Room Tip: When we were there they were remodeling so I am not sure about a good room. The room we had was ver...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great service. The hotel staff were warm, welcoming and funny. They made us feel right at home, like we were staying with old friends. They were also very knowledgeable about the area. They made several suggestions for dinner. When we got back from eating they wanted to know what we thought, where we went, what we had. Again, we felt we were staying with friends.

Great rooms. The double queen room was a little cozier than we are use to at other locations, but the room was clean, there were amenities we hadn't expected like q-tips and cotton balls as well as complimentary popcorn. The view from the third floor room was phenomenal. We could see the river. What a view first thing in the morning.

Great fitness center. The fitness center was better appointed than I am use to in hotels. They have: treadmill, recumbent bicycle, elliptical, reclining weight bench, full rack of free weights, exercise ball, and medicine balls. They also provide towels, a water fountain and tv in the fitness center.

Great location. Hotel is just across the street from a memorial park over looking the river. The hotel is easy to find off of highway 84. Natchez is a beautiful southern city with charm galore.

At the desk clerks suggestion we tried a restaurant on Main St. Cotton Alley Cafe. Decorated in antiques and collectibles this small eatery is warm and inviting. The service is attentive without being over bearing. Try the applewood smoked fat back. It is served with a balsamic reduction and dried cranberries over romaine lettuce with tomato slices. This is the perfect appetizer. A seemingly small portion but every bite is perfect. Every dish we had was wonderful don't miss the home made cakes.

We loved our brief visit to Natchez and the Hampton Inn. We are definitely coming back in the spring.

The hotel is being renovated right now, I believe that a reduction in price should have been given under these conditions. I can't wait to see it after the work is completed

Room Tip: Get a river view room.You may get a little traffic noise from the street, but the view is worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great rooms. Great Location. Great Staff. The lobby makeover should be done by August. I would NOT let anyone go to their car alone after dark. I am pretty sure a drug deal was taking place as we came in that night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our 37th anniversary for my wife and I and ended up with a room that the a/c didn't work. They moved us to another room to only find someone fooling around in the room that was suppose to be empty. They then said they would attempted to fix a/c during the day and did not bother to clean the room. return at 10 pm and had to get towels, coffee etc. for the next morning. I will not return to this location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. I thank you for selecting our hotel for such a special occasion as your 37th anniversary. I do however understand that you had some issues that inconvenienced you during your stay. I am so sorry that your A/C unit was not working properly. Our main concern is for the comfort of our guests and I sincerely apologize that we were not able to provide this for you. I do thank you for bringing it to my attention so that I can follow-up with our maintenance crew to fix this. Your business and satisfactions are extremely important to us and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Was in town for a wedding party. Did not spend much time in the room except to sleep, but everything was very nice and comfortable. Good location and the room was clean. The pool looked very nice even though we did not use it. It was great to have a fridge and microwave in the room. The only negative was that there were no snack machines on the floor and the selection of snacks elsewhere were limited.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were at the end of an 11 day road trip. This was the 9th hotel we had stayed at. The hotel itself was fine, it was after I got home that the tide turned. I had held the room with a debit card & was checking in with a credit card, just as i had done at the other 8 hotels we had previously stayed at, including a Hampton Inn in New Orleans. Upon arrival home, I realized that my debit card had been charged my room rate, PLUS 15% to make sure the funds were there to cover the room. I have also been charged, just the room rate on my credit card. the front desk person said this is standard procedure for this hotel, that they run all debit cards first thing in the morning the day of the reservation. I now have 104.00 tied up in the bank account plus a charge on my credit card. All of this was done without any type of notification that the debit card would be run, PRIOR TO CHECKIN!!!! AND the front dest clerk was very rude & hung up on me when i pressed the issue. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!! The service and the room were fine while we were there, but i am paying for it now!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

I truly apologize that there were some additional charges that you did not expect. I can assure you that we never want to intentionally mislead our guests in any way and I sincerely apologize if there was any misunderstanding. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel respected and that we can resolve their issues in an efficient matter. Please know that we are looking into this issue and will most definitely contact you to correct any mistakes that might have occurred.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here overnight with a large tour group.

Beds were comfortable. The room has both a microwave and fridge - brilliant! The bathroom is considerately stocked with regular items plus nice extras like makeup removers, shower caps, mouthwash and cotton-buds.

Breakfast was served in a room on the ground floor - quite squished but as I understand they are renovating the eating area. Plenty of hot and cold items. the waffle maker was a hit!

All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. The hotel was an easy walk from Fat Mamas where we had dinner and is just across the road from the visitors centre

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple