“Terrible Experience” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Natchez
Lake Charles, United States
“Terrible Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our 37th anniversary for my wife and I and ended up with a room that the a/c didn't work. They moved us to another room to only find someone fooling around in the room that was suppose to be empty. They then said they would attempted to fix a/c during the day and did not bother to clean the room. return at 10 pm and had to get towels, coffee etc. for the next morning. I will not return to this location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. I thank you for selecting our hotel for such a special occasion as your 37th anniversary. I do however understand that you had some issues that inconvenienced you during your stay. I am so sorry that your A/C unit was not working properly. Our main concern is for the comfort of our guests and I sincerely apologize that we were not able to provide this for you. I do thank you for bringing it to my attention so that I can follow-up with our maintenance crew to fix this. Your business and satisfactions are extremely important to us and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
BIRMINGHAM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Was in town for a wedding party. Did not spend much time in the room except to sleep, but everything was very nice and comfortable. Good location and the room was clean. The pool looked very nice even though we did not use it. It was great to have a fridge and microwave in the room. The only negative was that there were no snack machines on the floor and the selection of snacks elsewhere were limited.

Sioux Falls, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were at the end of an 11 day road trip. This was the 9th hotel we had stayed at. The hotel itself was fine, it was after I got home that the tide turned. I had held the room with a debit card & was checking in with a credit card, just as i had done at the other 8 hotels we had previously stayed at, including a Hampton Inn in New Orleans. Upon arrival home, I realized that my debit card had been charged my room rate, PLUS 15% to make sure the funds were there to cover the room. I have also been charged, just the room rate on my credit card. the front desk person said this is standard procedure for this hotel, that they run all debit cards first thing in the morning the day of the reservation. I now have 104.00 tied up in the bank account plus a charge on my credit card. All of this was done without any type of notification that the debit card would be run, PRIOR TO CHECKIN!!!! AND the front dest clerk was very rude & hung up on me when i pressed the issue. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!! The service and the room were fine while we were there, but i am paying for it now!!!!

• 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I truly apologize that there were some additional charges that you did not expect. I can assure you that we never want to intentionally mislead our guests in any way and I sincerely apologize if there was any misunderstanding. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel respected and that we can resolve their issues in an efficient matter. Please know that we are looking into this issue and will most definitely contact you to correct any mistakes that might have occurred.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here overnight with a large tour group.

Beds were comfortable. The room has both a microwave and fridge - brilliant! The bathroom is considerately stocked with regular items plus nice extras like makeup removers, shower caps, mouthwash and cotton-buds.

Breakfast was served in a room on the ground floor - quite squished but as I understand they are renovating the eating area. Plenty of hot and cold items. the waffle maker was a hit!

All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. The hotel was an easy walk from Fat Mamas where we had dinner and is just across the road from the visitors centre

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Guntersville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Excellent hotel. Only problem involved very weak to no internet connectivity in the room via WiFi. The room was comfortable, good view of local Mississippi river. Good restaurants reasonably close to hotel.

MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

It used to be that we stayed in Hampton Inns almost exclusively, but that's not the case any more. As a whole, Hamptons are getting run down, and we don't always stay in them like we did in the past. This Hampton is pretty much representative of most of the ones we've stayed in lately: OK but a little frayed around the edges. The location was convenient, and we had a view of the river from our room. The staff was very friendly. The beds and pillows were comfortable, although the sheets on one bed had some black specks on them which we removed with a towel. The air conditioning worked well, but the wall thermostat had a sign next to it that it no longer worked. There were scuff marks on the walls in our room. We still had a good night's sleep, but keep wondering when Hampton Inns will return to their past glory.

Room Tip: For a photo op of the river and US 65 bridge, ask to stay on the 3rd floor facing the river.