“RideAbout65”

Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I am traveling by motorcycle across the country celebrating my 65th birthday. I am staying in all Hilton properties where possible because of the friendly, helpful treatment I receive at every property. One thing I especially appreciate is how accommodating the staff always is in finding me a good safe and secure spot to park my bike out of the weather - generally out front in a spot that does not interfere with other customers - I really, really appreciate that. This is the second phase of what I call RideAbout65 - Phase 1 was from my home in TN to Nova Scotia - on that trip I really learned to appreciate the staff of Hampton and I continued with your company on this second trip primarily because of the wonderful treatment by your staff at every property. I also use Hilton properties for my business travel. This trip will take me to California and then return through Colorado.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Not typical of my Hampton Inn experiences. Bathroom caulking was black with mildew -- some tiles were coming loose. The free breakfast at Hampton (in my opinion) is marginal to begin with, but this one was inedible. The warming dishes had enough crud on them to warrant a health violation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel was very clean, and The beds were so comfortable. The location was perfect. Breakfast was very good,as was the coffee. The afternoon cookies were delicious. Wonderful experience. Will stay here again!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked here at the last minute and were "forced" to take and pay for a king suite.(Many of the other hotels we sold out for the weekend.) The suite itself was great, but it was much more costly than what we wanted to pay for just a one night stay.The property was full, but the front desk was efficient and check in was quick. The room itself was very spacious and well laid out. Nice mirrored sliding closet doors next to the vanity area/bathroom. We did not make the breakfast, but the area looked good. The wifi was free, but not always picking up well from our room at the end of the hall. Very quiet - we were on the top 4th floor overlooking the river. Nice property that apparently offered a shuttle bus to the casinos and other downtown locations that was frequently seen coming and going.

Room Tip: I would request a room overlooking the river on the "front" side of the hotel. there are o...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Hotel receptionist greeted us in a monotone, as if reading from a cue card. Nothing remotely welcoming. Thought we were reserving a 1 BR suite but "suite" turned out to be regular size room with a couch against one wall. Called to see if 1BR suite was available and told that none were available. Bathroom had mold in tile enclosure. Combination bedspread/sheet (no top sheet) not a favorite feature. Location was good and breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you found our location to be convenient and enjoyed our breakfast; however, I am truly disappointed and concerned to read that the rest of your experience fell below your expectations. I truly apologize for all of the inconveniences you went through during your visit, especially our front desk staff not being welcoming towards you. I can assure you that the level of service you experienced does not reflect our service standards.

Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel is in a great location of any thing Natchez! Beautiful view of the Mighty Mississippi. Great Customer Service, very Clean. Great Value for room! Had every aminity You can think of, coffee, tea, popcorn! Great for Family's or couples!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We arrived mid afternoon and there were plenty of spaces in the free car park. Check in was quick and friendly and we were in our room on the top floor at the rear of the hotel in no time. The view was not great - the front of the hotel appears to have the views towards the Mississippi. We used the outside pool, which was a reasonable size and temperature, although maybe too warm for some. The reception provided us with additional towels. The rooms are very clean and fresh with all the normal amenities and conveniences you would normally expect and need. The beds are very comfortable and we all had a good nights sleep.
After our swim we drove around the town and the colonial houses. A very present drive although it would have been a long walk from the hotel into town. That night we walked from the hotel to a park overlooking the Mississippi for the fire works display. Quite a crowd turned up and everyone we met were very well behaved and friendly. The 4th July fireworks display was amazing - much,much better than the few rockets we were expecting. The display went on for over 15 minutes and was comparable with the very best we had seen in the uk, and this is only a small usa town!!
The free breakfast was fine. We arrived at breakfast at the same time as guests on a coach trip. We still easily found a table, but some items of food went quickly and took some time to replace. The bins were full and overflowing when we arrived and and still the same by the time we left - the floor around the bins became very messy and unhygienic. These however are very small issues and we would certainly stay again, if we were in the area, and would recommend this hotel to others.
When we left the hotel to drive to Memphis we travelled along the Natchez parkway for around 20-30 miles before we joined the interstate - we found this was a nice detour.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family