“very nice place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez

Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
“very nice place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have stayed here twice and have no complaints! I will definatly be back! The continental breakfast was very good as well the cleanliness of our room.We also liked the location, it is so close to the river and convention center.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Lewisville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We've never had a bad experience at Hampton Inn, but some are better than others. The friendliness of the staff at this one was impressive. All that we came in contact with were delightful to talk to.

Everything was clean enough, but there were some minor issues... very minor. I suspect the bathroom was renovated at some point in the past and a tile floor added. The tile was cut in around the toilet rather than raising the toilet. The end result is a toilet a half inch or so lower than most. It just feels weird sitting on a toilet that low.

I wish the windows opened, but as with many hotels they didn't. The room was slightly stuffy, so we turned on the air conditioner only to find it was noiser than normal. Not so bad we would want to move, but it needs attention.

Only one elevator worked and I got the impression it had been out of service for a while. Also, the ice machine on the second floor didn't work.

The breakfast bar was neat and clean, but there was only a small amount of scrambled egg left. No one wanted to scrape up the last of the eggs and the staff apparently did not want to put out more until those were gone. The sausage was swimming in too much water and both the sausage and hash browns were only warm.

By mentioning only the things wrong, it sounds worse than it was. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again if we ever return to Natchez.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank deriter_in_nc
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I thank you very much for your review and certainly appreciate your feedback about our hotel. You might think that your comments about some issues are “minor”, but I assure you that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your suggestions into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and I do hope that next time you are in town you give us another opportunity to provide you the exceptional service you deserve.
Jonesboro, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a few times due primarily to the Hilton Honors Program, and all other Hilton hotels are great. There has been issues each time with this hotel (no blankets / pillows for hideaway bed, check-in was a pain, keys don't work, housekeeping not working, etc.). I have always honestly completed the survey sent out after the stay hoping improvement would be made. I would like to point out, I have never asked for any money back, a discount, nor anything. I just answered the questions asked of me on the survey. At 12:09 pm today I received an email from the General Manager stating that since I have given negative responses, then I need to stay elsewhere in the future. Due SOLELY to his response, I feel as though I need to share my experiences with other travelers. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank dr_ole_miss
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. I truly regret if there was any type of misunderstandings in regards to the many surveys that you responded to. I can assure that we always enjoy hearing from our guests as their reviews help us improve in areas that might need improvement. Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely apologize if this misunderstanding caused you any anguish or disappointment.

Again, I please accept my apologies and feel free to contact me. I will make myself available should you have any further questions.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel as part of a five states road trip and had no prior knowledge of this chain or of Natchez but went with Trip Adviser findings.
Wow ! were we impressed !! Right from check-in which was a happy experience right through to the room which was good size and very comfortable and the free breakfast which was very good.
The location is also a real bonus for tourists like us as its just a cross the road from the impressive Natchez visitor centre which is a really good place to start your visit with a short film show, many informative exhibits and very helpful staff.
Natchez is not a place you come to for fine dining but its an honest down to earth kind of town with some very interesting history and we had a great time. After all, there's nothing wrong with Ruby Tuesdays for a couple of dinners.
Places we would recommend in addition to the Visitor Centre - try the National Park. The Ranger Service there is just FANTASTIC they couldn't be more helpful and as a bonus, entry is free to the Antebellum House and Slave Quarters.
The other Antebellum we visited was Longsood which was interesting but expensive for what you get which is a short tour conducted by a not very good guide.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
I would like to thank you so very much for your kind words. I and my whole team hope you get the opportunity to visit us again.
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I was tempted to think just another Hampton, but at breakfast Belvis lightened up our whole stay.

Yes, it is a Hampton, and we know what to expect, but with a personality serving you, even their breakfasts seem better.

No complaints about anything else, so the stay was just fine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoy Hampton inns. The king suite is very nice and large. I always enjoy the free coffee in lobby all day. Breakfast is fine too considering its free. This location could have been a little cleaner in my shower area. Tv remote didn't work and took a few trips to lobby. I really enjoyed hanging out in try room. The Hilton Hampton chain is so much better than the Sheraton four points chain. Location is great. Right across from visitor center. High floors looking West have view of river and bridge to Louisiana

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Tadtv
Gonzales, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This Hampton was clean, and the personnel at the front desk were courteous and helpful. The mattress on our queen bed wasn't as comfortable as at most Hampton Inns; however, the linens were clean and very nice. Same with bathroom towels. The breakfast buffet was very disappointing. Thirty minutes before closing time there was hardly any food left, and the oatmeal had already been picked up. There was plenty of time to prepare more food, but when asked, the breakfast staff just said that there was no more. Other Hampton Inns in which we have stayed always have plenty of food until breakfast time is over. We were disappointed with this one and heard other people complaining also.

Room Tip: You'd better go down to breakfast very early if you expect a hot meal.