“More than adequate” 4 of 5 stars

Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
“More than adequate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed overnight at the start of out trip up the Natchez Trace Parkway and we were pleased with the service, convenience and cleanliness of this hotel. We requested a room on the fourth floor with a view of the bridge but I was assigned a room on the third floor (322). We did have a lovely view of the bridge but I recommend the top floor as the occupant above could be clearly heard walking around during the night. In this room the fridge is located near the head of the bed and it was a noisy bugger so I it disturbed my sleep and eventually I unplugged it. Over all this hotel was more than adequate. I,d recommend it.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Would just like to "Thank You" for choosing to stay with us. We know that you have many choices when it comes to deciding on which hotel to stay at and, again, we want you to know that we appreciate you choosing us - we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

i just want to say that I had a wonderful time at the Hampton Inn. The front desk was very courteous and helpful. Check in was quick and easy and they were very nice. The housekeeping staff made sure that I had all of the amenities that I needed. The breakfast was also wonderful, the staff made sure that everything stayed full and it was also delicious. The room that we had faced the river and the view is wonderful at night. i would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone that wanted to stay in Natchez..

Room Tip: River view rooms are beautiful at night the bridge just lights up.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank nicole c
Madisonville, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Our group of 6 adults recently stayed in two rooms at this location. This was our first family trip with grandparents along since Hurricane Katrina upset our lives. We were looking for a pleasant vacation with no problems. We have NEVER been disapponted in a Hampton Property until NOW! There is a lack of management that needs to be corrected. Our first impression of the hotel upon checking in was to overhear a worker tell the manager, "You know I saved you by lying to this man on the phone". Upon arriving at our room, which was NICE, we asked for additional towels. We were lied to multiple times: we don't have any more towels, the little league team used all the towels at the pool, housekeeping took home the key to the linen room and will not return until 9AM. When asked to speak to a manager I was told that if I did not like it WE COULD LEAVE. I insisted and was given the home/cell number of the manager. When I asked the manager when the 100% satisfaction guarantee was going to be enforced, he responded that I could not just check in and find one thing wrong and expect to have my rooms comped. He told me that he would return to the hotel with a key to the linen room and assured me that I would get extra towels and also that housekeeping would leave the same number of towels the following eveing. He did get me extra towels that night. However, upon returning to our rooms the next day at 5PM we had no towels. Although when asked for, we were given the standard number of towels for our room, we had to repeatedly ask for additonal towels. Finally, we were given more. Other issues with hotel: Except for the young lady that worked both morning shifts we were there....we were never greeted "good evening", "have a great day", etc. Again except for the same young lady, the staff was not dressed professionally. They looked like tourists walking in off the street. On our second evening, when I went to the business center in the hotel, I was greeted by a dog running through the lobby while the front desk clerk visited with her friend who apparently brought his dog along for the visit. The hotel was quiet, clean and the location was fabulous. I know an issue of extra towels may seem trival to most, however it was the lying and the general inappropriate way I was spoken to. Until management is beefed up, I do not recommend staying at this location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Alison382
Thomas S, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. This behavior is completely unacceptable and your satisfaction is very important to us as we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have spoken to our front desk staff and I can assure you, that the way you were treated will not happen again. We apologize for not having the appropriate number of towels and for not getting any to you sooner. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Conroe, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Big room, all new inside. Easy check in and out. Nice view of river and bridge. We didn't have the breakfast so cannot comment on that. Close to Natchez Under The Hill.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank Sbeckius
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed 2 nights and could ask for nothing more. Room: newly-decorated with sophisticated, soothing decor; firm bed; comfy duvets (laundered after every guest); roomy bathroom with granite countertop dresser; plentiful towels. Breakfast: well-stocked and varied, including hot selections (mini-omelets, sausage patties, hash browns) AND quality treats for yogurt and oatmeal like golden raisins and pecan pieces. Extra surprises: warm cookies in the afternoon, bagged breakfasts-to-go in the morning; complementary micowave popcorn in the room's coffee caddy; small retail "store" with reasonably-priced treats, a few frozen meals and pizzas, plus basic toiletries and emergency needs; convenient, quiet, comfortable business center with two computers and two printers stocked with paper. Very well located, and the staff was EXCELLENT: professional and efficient; check-in was a breeze and all questions were answered with courtesy and enthusiasm. Advice: After check-in, park in the back where there's afternoon shade; the rear entrance is near the elevator. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the building face the Mississippi River and a view of the bridge, but staff ca...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank glue55977
KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Natchez while on a trip down the Natchez Trace. Had a beautiful suite on the top floor with a magnificient view of the river at night. The bridge was lit up for a spectaular view. Room was perfect...clean, new, BIG! Couldn't ask for anything more. Worth every penny.
It is a little hard to find unless you know where you are going. Close to the river and downtown.

Room Tip: Great view on top floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Slm1206
Antwerp, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed here for one night on a round-trip of the 'deep south'. We were driving about 500 km's every two days and came here after a night in Vicksburg. On our entire trip this was the only hotel that would not be able to check us in before 3PM. The unfriendly welcome of an lady from i think around 50 years old, would make us run back to our car and get as far away as possible. We even thought about booking another hotel! The staff was unfriendly, the pool was horrible, the sun was fast away because the hotel is throwing a shadow over it at about 4PM. Who designed this? Our hotel room was dirty, just really dirty. Who wants to sleep in a bed filled with other people's hair? Not us! There were barely beds at the pool and in the evening there were large numbers of people having a noisy 'pool party', there were no remarks made of the noise by the staff. I would never stay here again, the southern hospitality is really not in this hotel! When we went for breakfast i asked for some milk and the lady would litterally mumble and ignore me. Wow ... and that's a 4 out of 5 hotel on tripadvisor? I thought it was too expensive for what you got too... When we were there they were also placing new carpet, it really smelled bad! If you have a chance, stay somewhere else!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank 21Ellen1986
Also consider these accommodations in or near Natchez
Natchez Grand Hotel
Days Inn Natchez
Days Inn Natchez
#12 of 17 in Natchez
3.0 of 5 stars 586 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez? Share your experiences!