“Great value for what you get”

Natchez Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Frisco, Texas, United States
“Great value for what you get”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We just returned from staying here. I traveled with my mom and children, ages 7 and 10. Hotel was nice. The room was clean overall, just dusty in the corners. We did not watch TV too much but it worked and had lots of options for channels. This hotel does not offer room service or have a restaurant. Breakfast is catered each morning and was excellent for a hotel breakfast. The pool and fitness center and not great, but outside has a lot to offer as far as exercise on your stay. Lots of walking and hills. The hotel sits on the Mississippi River and has wonderful views.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Mississippi.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Arrived in Natchez without a reservation, was made to feel comfortable with a very nice room with a view of the Mississippi. Front desk staff was very helpful and the room was in good order. It was an excellent "welcome" to a beautiful small town with a welcoming atmosphere. If we are back in the area, we will return to the Grand.

Room Tip: Select the rooms on the top floor with a view of the Mississippi.
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have stayed here before and really enjoyed it, but this time other than the location which is spectacular right on the Mississippi River I really did not enjoy myself. First of all, my reservation was wrong, however given enough time I did get a room close to what I requested. The service was poor to me. Checkin time is 4 PM which is the latest I have experienced anywhere . It was after 4 PM though when the towels arrived. I called to see where to find the TV channel guide and was told it was in the information guide in the room and to look for it. I finally found it in the back of the last drawer I checked. It had the TV channel listing but no place did it tell me where to find ice. My second call to the front desk was answered by someone who said she was new and did not know where ice was. For $150 (with tax and value added package) a night I expect the front desk staff to know such basic information. My room did not have a refrigerator or microwave which I had expected for the price I was paying. When I called the front desk a third time to see about getting refrig and micro I was told there would be an additional charge of $20. By the time I was finally settled after findind the tv guide, bringing in my luggage, locating ice, and waiting for towels, I needed a nap. I fell asleep and when I woke up it was dark-so much for enjoying the view. This was my last stay at the Natchez Grand.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the water (and close to the elevator if you have trouble walking distance...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Texas
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel has the perfect location to visit many of the sites that bring visitors to Natchez every year. The room was comfortable and very clean. Everyone there was very friendly. The breakfast is a full breakfast and not just bread.

Room Tip: River side is best.
Corona Del Mar
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were driving to New Orleans from Memphis and decided to stay at the Natchez Grand. After the first night we decided to spend another night. (Sun. and Mon.) For $127 we had a 4th floor king overlooking the Mississippi River. Right across the street you can walk a couple of miles along the Natchez bluffs with memorials and information plaques showing the history of Natchez. The free breakfast serving had everything you could want. Everyone had that southern hospitality which was nice. Two computers with printing services were available. Depending on your budget I would highly recommend this property. One more thing, great martinis which you can drink outside on their designated heavy metal chairs.

Room Tip: I would go 4th floor over looking the river.
1 Thank swimmerz
Robbins, North Carolina
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our entire family visited during Spring Pilgrimage. The rooms were very comfortable, quiet and clean. We each had lovely river view rooms and the hotel is in a great location. Good breakfast selections. Staff was very courteous and helpful. Plan a return stay there next trip. The only drawback would be the very limited hours of food and beverage service. Night owls need to plan on having a car or taking a cab.

Room Tip: Rooms on third floor or higher will get you a view above the trees in the park across the street. We...
Louisiana USA
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Nice and clean hotel. Excelent location for walking the downtown and river parkway. Bed was very comfortable. Negatives; No resturant or room service. Breakfast buffet provided each morning was basic standard fare. A limited hour cash bar was available in the early evening. Ask for a river view room.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room.