“Wonderful Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Natchez
Birmingham, Alabama
“Wonderful Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Geat location in historic district, convenient to restaurants, shops, river, historic walks and convention center. Great full breakfast! Nice, comfortable rooms. "Free" wi-fi is included in $8/day value package which I assume is a required add-on to the room rate. It also includes parking, and breakfast. Nathcez was absolutely lovely with old homes, beautiful ancient oak trees, rich history and very friendly people.

Room Tip: We regret the we did not get a room with river view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Mapua, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. The hotel is situated on the banks of the MIssissippi river. Our room was very spacious and comfortable and we had a lovely view of the river. Breakfast, wifi, parking and a drink in the bar each night was all included in the rate. It was very good value for money. Natchez is a lovely peaceful town to spend a couple of nights.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel and the Staff are very nice and helpful. They have a full breakfast. The rooms are very nice and spacious. The Staff are friendly and helpful and polite. Natchez is so very nice and friendly atomosphere. You will like it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ridgeland, Ms
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel is near the river and the convention center. My room was large and clean and had a nice river view. However, there were two large problems that need to be addressed by the hotel management staff. When I checked in and was given my room key, I went up to "my room", put the key card in the slot, opened the door, and discovered the room was occupied!!! There were bags and clothes in the room, and thank goodness the room occupant was not in the room.
The other problem and this is a major complaint for me: I asked for a 6 AM wake up call for November 4. Problem is, I received my call at 5 AM since, apparently, no one at the hotel had realized daylight saving time went into effect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Trippsdad1983
Clarksville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We arrived at the Natchez Grand without a reservation, and the staff went above and beyond to accommodate us. This was the final weekend of the Fall Pilgrimage, and most of the hotels/motels were booked. We had two large suites, which were nicely decorated and very clean.

The front desk folks made a reservation for us at Monmouth Plantation for dinner, which was delicious. The continental breakfast was adequate, and the afternoon wine was a nice touch. The location could not have been better. We were within walking distance of a delightful local restaurant -- Cotton Alley, which was great.

Thanks to all of the staff at the Natchez Grand Hotel for making our visit to Natchez a "grand" visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thibodaux, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I visited Natchez for a conference, but the Grand was fantastic place to stay for both business and pleasure. Almost everything you want is within walking distance. The river is right next to the hotel and beautiful, there are great trails for sightseeing and walking/running, some good antique stores, and fantastic food nearby. Breakfast was the typical continental free type thing, but I can't speak to the taste of it. I generally bring my own food for breakfast and lunch for health reasons, so I never ate anything at the hotel. There is a free glass of wine offered daily from 5-7pm which was nice. The bartender also had menus for all the restaurants in town and was very helpful when I asked him about the best places to go.

The Grand is very normal hotel made very nice by the excellent service and location. I'm planning a trip back with my husband, and we will definitely stay here!

Room Tip: I had a Luxury King Suite-Historic City View on the third floor. It was a great room for the money...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We just spent a week-end at the Grand Hotel in Natchez, MS 10/27/12 and I must say what a delight. It was very busy but the attention received at the front desk check in was very pleasant. The check out was just as pleasant, I had emailed before our arrival inquiring about the AARP discount as the on line reservation did not give me that option. I was dealing with Bo Allen, and upon request he took care of this discount right away. I was grateful for his attention. The room we stayed in was the King Balcony Suite, the views were amazing from balcony. The breakfast Sunday am was very impressive per my husband to whom LOVES to eat. we were expecting the usual quick to go food type, he said there was food galore, LOTS to choose from that was hot, bacon/sausage/biscuits/gravy/fruit/ eggs/ etc.. the only disappointment here was the rude people being in such a rush. My husband just sat back, thanked God for patience and for the fact he was not like these others, life too short to be acting this way!!!! When we return as we visit trace in Spring/Fall and ride our bikes two to three times a yr. here , we will definitely stay at the Grand!!!! Thanks to the fine people who work here and are so kind, it is greatly appreciated!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple