1,141 results
All reviews mint juleps eggs benedict gourmet breakfast chocolate cookies front porch main suite bed and breakfast covered parking gracious hosts southern hospitality master suite b b's each morning cocktail hour fresh fruit french toast wonderful experience
Reviewed October 7, 2010

The freshly baked choc chip cookies, beautiful antiques, loving & meticulous restoration, gorgeous garden, comfy bed, coffee at 7.30am, gourmet breakfast, gracious hosts .... it's all true!!! This place is heaven - we loved it and would return in a heartbeat. Felt really comforable here - so much so that I was out in the garden with my coffee walking round the garden in my dressing gown with unbrushed hair, something I would only dare do at home! The highlight for me was the tour of the home, learning about the history of the antiques and restoration. We toured Stanton Hall (the so called "showpiece" of Natchez), but to be honest we found the tour of Oak Hill far more interesting! We have travelled the world and consider Oak Hill one of the best on a global level and definitely the best in Natchez, it really is outstanding.

1  Thank balibarbie
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We recently went to Natchez with our family and in-laws to celebrate our wedding anniversaries. My in-laws are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary this year and my husband and I our 18th. The Oak Hill Inn in Natchez was a beautiful place to stay and enjoy some time together as a family. The hosts of the Inn, Doug and Don, were extremely gracious and helpful. Their Inn is gorgeous and the breakfast was outstanding. We did not need to eat lunch while in Natchez! They helped us with reservations and recommendations on tours. They truly made our celebration in Natchez special. Don't miss staying at this gem in a wonderfu southern city!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2010

The best bed & breakfast ever!!! Doug and Don were wonderful hosts. They shared lots of information on the house and town. Also gave a wonderful tour of the house and recomended other homes to visit. Beautiful home & the most AMAZING breakfasts ever! Everything was wondeful and hope to come back soon! Do NOT miss it!

Reviewed September 10, 2010

Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Rated 5.0 out of 5.0Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Absolutely the BEST!!! This is a must stay for us...from now on!‎ - ‎ - 2010-09-10
Unfortunately, we were only able to stay one night..because of our trip......but it was absolutely the most enjoyable stay....BY FAR! We are 45 and 53 and very, very picky about where we stay. We have stayed in lots and lots of B & B's and this one is number one in our book!!! Don and Doug, went way above and beyond our expectations!!! The pictures online, do not do this beautiful and gracious home the justice she deserves. But pictures never do look like the beauty we see with our eyes... ! We were greeted with warm chocolate chip cookies, We stayed in the downstairs suite. The queen sized bed was very comfortable!!! Our room had an amazing shower in it! The room was very large, breathtaking and very very comfortable. The breakfast was simply the best we have ever had. Eggs Benedict, bread pudding, fruit compote.....not the usual boxed pastries, etc, that you expect at most bed and breakfasts. My husband is an Eggs Benedict LOVER and said they were the best he has ever had, and believe me, he has had the often! The grounds are gorgeous! We ate crackers and cheese on the front porch at sundown and we felt so at home. This is the ONLY place we will ever stay in, in Neches!!! Steve and Jeanne Vanderhoof, Buda, Texas (south of Austin)

Date of stay: August 2010
Reviewed August 28, 2010

My wife and I went to Natchez for four days in June . We were going to stay at the Monmouth Plantation. I read TripAdvisor reviews of lodging in Natchez and decided to stay at Oak Hill Inn. What a great choice!! It is the nicest, warmest B&B we have stayed in.Don and Doug are wonderful, knowledgeable hosts.The home has been beautifully restored with period pieces.The breakfast is a gourmet's delight,beautifully presented with period china,crystal stemware and silver, not to mention wonderful chocolate chip cookies fresh baked each morning. We stayed in the Beatty suite which opened into a library that has a wonderful collection of books. DEFINITELY 6 STARS!!! We will be back.

Date of stay: June 2010