“Remarkable In Every Aspect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchez
Historic Oak Hill Inn
Ranked #2 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our stay with Don and Doug at Oak Hill Inn was remarkable in every aspect! My mother, daughter, son, and I were lucky enough to stay at Oak Hill Inn. We had the two upstairs rooms to ourselves. Upon our arrival we were welcomed with warmth, cookies and a quick tour to settle us in. The kids were made to feel at home just the same as the two adults. I was given a glass of wine and sat out in the garden melting into relaxation next to the fountain and trees laced with moss while the kids met the four legged characters climbing about. Just what we all needed.The home is restored to perfection and the care and attention to detail was not lost on us. We admired the garden and entire atmosphere at the Inn is so lovely. I had my best sleep in months. Be prepared to feel so at home you will wish you had booked more nights. We delayed our departure to have breakfast. Were we glad! From the table setting, aromas of coffee and baking, to the taste of the amazing eggs benedict and interesting conversation, all was terrific! Our remarkable experience was crafted thoughtfully by Doug and Don. Many thanks!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Upon arriving at Oak Hill Inn, we were warmly greeted by Donald, who offered homemade chocolate chip cookies, and a glass of wine, water or even a mint julep We chose a mint julep because we had never had one before. It was wonderful after our long drive to Natchez. We were shown to a very lovely en suite bedroom on the first floor. Don asked if we had any plans for dinner that night and when we admitted that we had not, he provided us a list of restaurants with his personal recommendations. After we chose one that sounded nice, he called and made a reservation for us. That restaurant, the Castle, behind Dunleith, lived up to his recommendation. Later when we returned to Oak Hill Inn, we enjoyed some quiet time sitting in the rocking chairs on the back porch overlooking a lovely garden with a beautiful fountain, and the attention of two very sweet cats. After a very comfortable nights sleep, we were served a delicious gourmet breakfast. After breakfast, Doug gave us a tour of their beautifully decorated antebellum home.

If you are looking for a B&B to experience true southern charm, an amazing breakfast, and hospitality, we would definitely recommend Oak Hill Inn. The owners of Oak Hill go out of their way to make sure their guests are comfortable and enjoy their stay in Natchez. Be sure to tour the gardens...and give the cats some love.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I spend one night in the Myrtle room since the the suite downstairs was already booked for the night. I'm hoping to stay in the suite the next time we come. The chocolate chip cookies offered upon arrival was a special treat after a long drive. The bed was very comfortable with fluffy pillows. Just as everyone has described, breakfast was divine. My main reason for choosing this inn was the breakfast which included fresh fruit, coffee, tea, eggs benedict, peach french toast, and banana nut muffin. We were given a tour of the house after breakfast. The inn itself has its own history. However, what I enjoyed the most was that the owner himself has history connected to many of the furnishings in the home. Let's not forget the two cats that were just as warm and inviting as Doug and Don.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I just spent another wonderful two nights with Doug and Don at the historic Oak Hill Inn in Natchez, MS. As was our experience last year, the accommodations, food and wonderful times visiting with owners Doug and Don made our vacation to that little part of the world a time to remember. We stayed in the lovely downstairs suite that provided 5 Star comfort and charm along with the historical touch of the old south. Breakfast is always a wonderful experience at Oak Hill with a culinary experience second to none. Monica and I encouraged Doug to publish a cook book of his wonderful and tasty creations. As in the past, we were greeted with delicious chocolate chip cookies and mint juleps...the best I've ever had...Thanks Don! If you want to experience the hospitality of the Deep South done right, you can't go wrong by spending a pampered night or two with Doug and Don at the Oak Hill Inn. We can't wait for another opportunity to return! Fred and Monica Clausen...Irving, TX

Room Tip: You can't go wrong on the downstairs suite!
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed with friends for the weekend and loved everything inside and outside this beautiful B&B. The rooms were perfect! Clean, neat, comfortable beds, updated bathrooms, the garden was absolutely gorgeous. The location was within walking distance to historic downtown, private parking for guests, quiet neighborhood surrounded by other beautifully restored historic homes.
The breakfast each morning was excellent. Everything from the coffee to the fresh fruits, eggs benedict and home made bread pudding that was the best ever! The interior was filled with amazing history and the hosts represented the best the south has to offer! We will be back many times at this fantastic historic bed and breakfast!

Room Tip: downstairs rooms are bigger and have a private bathroom, upstairs with two rooms share a bathroom, b...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Historic Oak Hill Bed & Breakfast visit : Natchez Mississippi ~July 31st-August 2nd~

My Husband Matthew & I took our first vacation in almost 5 years & made our first stop to Historic Natchez Mississippi before heading out to Destin Florida for several days.
I am a history buff / 1850's-1890's historical re-enactor & had been telling my Husband how wonderful Oak Hill B&B is & I'd been dying to go back since I made my first trip with my Mom & Dad in 2007 (that Christmas visit was equally wonderful & memorable as well !!!)
Our 6 year anniversary snuck up on us & we decided to make Natchez our first stop on our vacation !!! It was the perfect start :)

What can I say about Oak Hill? I could just about write a novel so here's the short & sweet :

Doug & Don, the owners of Oak Hill, are SO thoughtful, kind & hospitiable ! They make you feel completely welcome & right at home. Did I mention that they always keep homemade cookies & refreshment waiting for you? Oh yes :)
Oak Hill was built in 1835 & the restoration, time, effort & TLC these two gentleman have put into this home are unbelievable. It is so rare to have a chance to see a home of this beauty upclose, never the less stay in it !!! The grounds are just amazing. The thought that was put into the landscaping & the back street location away from the busy main streets is so relaxing. Having coffee on the front porch in the mornings waiting for breakfast with a sweet cool breeze & listening to the bells of St. Mary's Basilica several blocks away was soooo peaceful.

The rooms here are ALL beautiful.
My first visit in 2007 was in the lovely upstairs BLUE room. I enjoyed that stay very much.
On this trip we stayed in the downstairs suite that was the original master bedroom, it is GORGEOUS.
The large canopy bed has a VERY comfortable memory foam mattress (slept like a Princess).
The fireplace with large mirror & lovely mantle, beautiful views from the windows to the outside, and a spectacular bathroom !!! No really, that waterfall shower head in the OVERSIZED sparkling granite shower is to die for!
There are so many details to this home that words just don't do it any justice.
They also provide you with a tour & history of the home should you like (& you must!) which is very nice.

Now lets talk Breakfast.
You will have the best homemade breakfast of your LIFE here !
Not only do they serve a killer meal to start off your day of R&R orTouring, you dine in an incredible formal dining room served upon very very old elegant china.
These guys don't play around with entertaining, it is definately a memorable meal.
We had on the two mornings of our stay :
~Eggs Benedict with a hollandaise sause to die for, Eggs Florentine with spinach & mushrooms, homemade banana nut muffins, sausage links, Creme' Brulee french toast & Apple raisin souflee both served with hot syrup & fresh fruit (sliced strawberries, orange sections & melon balls).
They are AMAZING cooks ! It was more than anyone could ever hope to expect. You won't find that at any other hotel or B&B I can assure you!
They make wonderful coffee , or tea , & the presentation is simply BEAUTIFUL ( I realize I'm using that word alot :)

I was so pleased my Husband & I were able to stay the two nights at Oak Hill for our 6 year Anniversary, Doug & Don made it a wonderful time to remember it by :)

We would recommend to anyone looking for a beautiful place to stay with the friendliest of service to definately make a point of staying at Oak Hill. It is a MUST !!!

Thanks again to Doug & Don for your generoisty & a wonderful stay. We hope to be back soon !!! :)
God Bless & many many thanks !

~ Matthew & Kari ~

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful in the home & furished with antiques. Doug & Don are the perfect h...
Reviewed August 13, 2012

What a marvellous find. This is a treasure of a B&B. Everything was first rate, the welcome, beautiful room, tasty breakfast, tour of the property by the owner.  The best B&B I've ever stayed in. Perfect.

• Stayed: August 2012