“An enjoyable and renewing experience.”

Stone House Musical B&B
Ranked #1 of 40 Natchez B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“An enjoyable and renewing experience.”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

We spent two enchanted nights in the Master bedroom of the meticulously restored Joseph Stone House. It is an ideal experience for classical music and history lovers, or just relaxing in peaceful, quiet, beautiful surroundings, this is the place. Host, Joe Stone couldn't have been more gracious and charming. The breakfasts, including fabulous homemade biscuits, were delicious. We highly recommend the Joseph Stone House and look forward to our return.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
JoeNatchez, Owner at Stone House Musical B&B, responded to this review, July 21, 2010
Many thanks C. & V. for your kind remarks, your visit was all my pleasure. It's not too terribly far away, so I would be happy for my place to become your getaway place for the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Stone house is a really interesting historic home that features in the Natchez tour, but what made our stay so memorable was our host Joe Stone, who provided a wealth of historic information about the house & Natchez, as well as a wonderful private piano recital for us. This is a great place to stay whether or not you are a classical music fan, & if you are, the opportunity of having a private performance by a really talented professional musician will definitely make your stay even more memorable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
JoeNatchez, Owner at Stone House Musical B&B, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
Your generous review is appreciated in all ways, I'm really glad that we did find time for some piano music after all. Perhaps your music-loving brother will make it here too; even though Natchez would be a long way for him to travel, I think our quaint little town would be worth the trip to him. I hope that your plans for staying in the United States work out well for you, and that we'll see you again in the Deep South.
Zachary, Louisiana
Reviewed June 26, 2010

My husband and I had a wonderful, relaxing stay at Stone House. We stayed in the lovely Cottage which was directly behind the main house. Our host, Joe Stone, made us feel more than welcome and gave us a thorough and delightful tour of the historical main house. Each morning we were treated to a delicious breakfast along with interesting conversation. One of the many highlights of our stay was a private piano concert with complimentary wine. We also enjoyed playing billiards on the beautiful antique billiards table. I would highly recommend a stay at Stone House!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
JoeNatchez, Owner at Stone House Musical B&B, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Many, many thanks for your complimentary review. I greatly enjoyed your visit, and in particular I appreciated your presence for the piano concert. I would love to have you visit again, and in the future there will be other piano repertoire, since I regularly work on more pieces and other composers to vary the program over time. Of course the antique billiard table will be here, waiting for your next game!
new orleans
Reviewed June 7, 2010

we had a great time staying at the stone house! the room was great - very well decorated by a master of his craft... breakfast was lovely as well! the grounds are beautiful with wooden boardwalks and a secluded back two bedroom house that makes even the shyest traveler emerge vagabond.
-Alex

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Ewing, New Jersey
Reviewed May 6, 2010

Our stay at the Stone House met our needs and wants perfectly. Joe was friendly, interesting and hospitable. The Cottage was clean, comfortable and had character. The main house had lots of antiques and maps to look at - like a museum or library. Breakfast was tasty and well-made. And Joe's late afternoon piano recital, just for us, was wonderful. (I hope this rave review hasn't strained my credibility as a reviewer, but the Stone House deserves it!)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
I was delighted to receive your thoughtful review, and I'm really flattered by all the wonderful things you said. It was a pleasure to meet you, and to have you travel so far to visit here and attend my music program was a treat for me. I do hope you make it back to the deep south again for another visit to Natchez and the Stone House.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 4, 2010

The time at Stone House was a highlight of our trip. It was so peaceful and a real feeling of living in luxury in the past. Joe Stone goes out of his way to make you feel like "family", yet there is all the privacy in the world too. Thanks, Joe.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
It was wonderful to see you return to Stone House with more of your friends. I'm really appreciative of the review you posted, and so thankful that you and your friends enjoyed your stay here. It's always a pleasure for me to play the concert for you and anyone that you bring along. I'll be looking forward to your next Natchez trip, so bring more of your travel companions and we'll do it again!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2010

We can't recommend Stone House enough! It's stepping back in time in the best way possible - into a home that's received such care and attention from its owner and B&B proprietor, Joe.

From a warm welcome, to fantastic accommodations, plus a classical piano concert and lovely conversations learning the history of both the house and the local area - it was brilliant.

The next morning - the best breakfast we had of the whole trip! Joe's shrimp grits are the best.

A+. Thanks Joe!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
The pleasure was all mine, and it's very refreshing to have guests who have traveled from as far away as you did, there is so much experience to share. Having you hear my piano program was also an enriching experience for me, since it is my way of communicating without words. Thanks for all the compliments, and have a great summer!