“Southern Hospitality at its finest!”

Stone House Musical B&B
Ranked #1 of 42 Natchez B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I recently took a little get-away with my fiance. He surprised me by taking me to the Stone House. I have never seen such a beautiful, welcoming place in my life. Joe was a remarkable host. He was so kind that when we left my fiance and I remarked how it seemed like we were leaving a friend. The musical concert, was a wonderful escape from the usual hustle and bustle of tourism towns. A nice glass of wine in a room, listening to Joe was the perfect escape after our long drive. Before we left, my fiance and I even talked to Joe about plans to return. And now, even want to stay there for our Honeymoon!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 21, 2009

We had a great time during our all-too-brief stay in Natchez. Joe did everything possible to make our stay relaxing and comfortable. He also gave us a tour of the place, which we very much enjoyed. Very personable, friendly guy--and he cooks a mean breakfast, too. As far as location goes, it can't be beat--you can walk pretty much anywhere you want to go downtown. I highly recommend a stay at Stone House.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2009

We had a wonderful time at Stone House. Joe was the perfect host. The house is extraordinary and the history really came to life. I have already recommended this place to friends heading to Natchez.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2009

I stayed at Joe's bed and breakfast the weekend of memorial day. It was the best get away vacation I had for long time with my fiancee Joe is incredible nice and hospitable. The Stone house which has been in his family for 200 hundred years! is rich with history and beautiful anedocts from the time of the civil war. Joe gave the best tour of all the houses in Natchez. There is so many antiques and beautiful pieces of art that we were delighted to hear about all of them. He was extremely generous and gracious in every way. I recommend the Stone house to anynone looking for a refreshing, relaxing and wonderful vacation in a historic house in Natches. I must mention Joe makes the best southern breakfast in town.
If you are a civil war fan like myself by all means you must go to the Sotne house and stay a few days. Joe's ancestors fought for the confederacy during the civil war!! and even though I am totally a Union yankee supporter :o) I was fascinated and happy to have been able to learn the history of his family and his beautiful house. Also if you want a quiet, romantic get away with the wife or girlfriend, it is most ideal setting for enjoying eachother. Enjoy !
HP

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We stayed in the Master Bedroom of Joe's Stone House B & B in Natchez for 3 nights and has a wonderful time. The house is comfortable and Joe is a treasure. The house has been in his family since the 1800's and his stories of the history and his collection of antiques made the stay even more memorable. And, oh yeah... Natchez was fun too.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2009

My wife, mother and I spent a couple of nights in the large Master room at the Stone House. Joe Stone himself makes all the difference to the stay and transforms it into a memorable experience. A perfect host, accomplished musician (demonstrated over a glass of wine in an evening recital) and knowledgeable historian in a house chock full of family history. Oh, and the breakfast is pretty good too.

There are already 39 5* reviews for the Stone house. You should have got the message by now!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2009

We recently stayed at the Joseph Stone House and were truly delighted. Natchez is special, but staying there in the Stone family home made it even more so. Mr. Stone is a pleasure to deal with, gave us an excellent tour of his family's home (and certainly better than the disconnected tours one gets in some of the "Pilgrimage houses").
We stayed in the Cottage (former kitchen house) and it was perfect for us. Both the Stone House itself and the Cottage appear to be sparkling clean. And as some of the other reviews mention, Mr. Stone lays out a very elegant and delicious breakfast. His little bisquits are exquisite, as are the eggs. We were passing through from southern Mississippi to the northern part of the Delta, and after looking about Natchez and experiencing the Stone House acomodations, were sorry we had not allowed more time. The house is also in the historic zone and thus an easy walk in to town to see other examples of both 18th and early 19th century Southern residential architecture, as well as lovely gardens. Should we return to Natchez, and I hope we will do that soon, we will most certainly be staying there at the Joseph Stone House.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple