“Memorable experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Boston
“Memorable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2009

We had a wonderful time at Stone House. Joe was the perfect host. The house is extraordinary and the history really came to life. I have already recommended this place to friends heading to Natchez.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
New york city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2009

I stayed at Joe's bed and breakfast the weekend of memorial day. It was the best get away vacation I had for long time with my fiancee Joe is incredible nice and hospitable. The Stone house which has been in his family for 200 hundred years! is rich with history and beautiful anedocts from the time of the civil war. Joe gave the best tour of all the houses in Natchez. There is so many antiques and beautiful pieces of art that we were delighted to hear about all of them. He was extremely generous and gracious in every way. I recommend the Stone house to anynone looking for a refreshing, relaxing and wonderful vacation in a historic house in Natches. I must mention Joe makes the best southern breakfast in town.
If you are a civil war fan like myself by all means you must go to the Sotne house and stay a few days. Joe's ancestors fought for the confederacy during the civil war!! and even though I am totally a Union yankee supporter :o) I was fascinated and happy to have been able to learn the history of his family and his beautiful house. Also if you want a quiet, romantic get away with the wife or girlfriend, it is most ideal setting for enjoying eachother. Enjoy !
HP

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2009

We stayed in the Master Bedroom of Joe's Stone House B & B in Natchez for 3 nights and has a wonderful time. The house is comfortable and Joe is a treasure. The house has been in his family since the 1800's and his stories of the history and his collection of antiques made the stay even more memorable. And, oh yeah... Natchez was fun too.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2009

My wife, mother and I spent a couple of nights in the large Master room at the Stone House. Joe Stone himself makes all the difference to the stay and transforms it into a memorable experience. A perfect host, accomplished musician (demonstrated over a glass of wine in an evening recital) and knowledgeable historian in a house chock full of family history. Oh, and the breakfast is pretty good too.

There are already 39 5* reviews for the Stone house. You should have got the message by now!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2009

We recently stayed at the Joseph Stone House and were truly delighted. Natchez is special, but staying there in the Stone family home made it even more so. Mr. Stone is a pleasure to deal with, gave us an excellent tour of his family's home (and certainly better than the disconnected tours one gets in some of the "Pilgrimage houses").
We stayed in the Cottage (former kitchen house) and it was perfect for us. Both the Stone House itself and the Cottage appear to be sparkling clean. And as some of the other reviews mention, Mr. Stone lays out a very elegant and delicious breakfast. His little bisquits are exquisite, as are the eggs. We were passing through from southern Mississippi to the northern part of the Delta, and after looking about Natchez and experiencing the Stone House acomodations, were sorry we had not allowed more time. The house is also in the historic zone and thus an easy walk in to town to see other examples of both 18th and early 19th century Southern residential architecture, as well as lovely gardens. Should we return to Natchez, and I hope we will do that soon, we will most certainly be staying there at the Joseph Stone House.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2009

I knew when Joe called me within an hour of my inquiry that this would be a special place. Not only is Joe prompt and professional, he is also friendly and makes some amazing cheese grits! He grew up in the Stone House, which he beautifully restored. He has a love of history and is an incredible resource for the area around Natchez.

I was in Natchez on business and the experience of staying at the Stone House ended up turning my business trip into more of a vacation.
My colleague and I stayed in the cottage, each with our own room. We particularly liked sitting out back on the porch and watching the rain. It was quiet, tucked away, lush, green.

On our day off, Joe gave us a detailed tour of the home and also played a piano recital for us. This was the highlight of the trip, it meshed so well with the vibe in Natchez. There were so many B&B's to choose from in Natchez, but even from reading about The Stone House, I felt that it would be unique and was completely rewarded.

Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank qsuzicue
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

This is hands down THE BEST experience I have ever had staying at a B&B. The host and owner, Joe Stone, is not only an expert on the area, he also provides a stunningly beautiful and welcoming place to stay. He has lovingly restored his childhood and ancestor's home and there is much to look at and explore within the house. Treasures abound!
I had relatively high expectations, but the Stone House surpassed them all. Imagine having a delicious Southern breakfast, served to you in a formal dining room, resplendent with gorgeous antiques and family heirlooms, with classical music playing in the background? All while feeling totally at home.
We took advantage of Joe's classical music concert in the music room with a glass of wine. It was relaxing after a day of exploring, and also moving.
I cannot recommend the Stone House enough. I am almost hesitant to put my true feelings because I want to find an open spot there for myself when we return! A true gem!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business