“Loved the private Anniversary Concert”

Stone House Musical B&B
Ranked #2 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 6, 2008

We felt like driving into the nostalgia for the past on the very private site of Mr. Joseph Stone`s antebellum house in Natchez, Tn.

Very friendly hospitality, a full Southern breakfast and of course a detailed tour of the historic mansion made us welcome even though we had a baby boy with us, who loved doorknobs and mirrors.

The adjacent former kitchen cottage was our ´suite`, all furnished with period antiques.

However the setting was not all that would make us return, another highlight was a chamber piano concert by Mr. J. Stone himself. Classical music in an Antebellum Music Room - we will cherish our memory of a very special wedding anniversary. Thank you.

In the stirring experience of historical Natchez Mr. Stone`s house and garden are lovely places to return to – to the quiet beauty of former times and a warm hospitality.

Brigitte and Juergen Lange
Berlin, Germany
March 2008

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed April 8, 2008

Antebellum Music Room B&B was the perfect vacation! The
room (suite) was spotless, comfortable and beautifully
decorated with period furniture. But Joseph Stone, the owner,
was the best part of the stay! He is a very intelligent and
interesting person. He prepared us wonderfully delicious
breakfasts every morning. A wonderful piano concerto with
wine was included, as well as access to his handsome billiard
room. Mr. Stone was also helpful with restaurant suggestions,
directions, etc. And of course, his knowledge of Natchez history
and his family's heritage was immense. I will definitely stay
at "The Stone House" the next time I visit Natchez!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2008

Went to a convention during the spring pilgrimage. The host, Joe Stone, was very cordial and gracious. I enjoyed hearing about he history of his home and family.
The B&B was a refreshing and relaxing experinence after meetings and overall I felt very pampered. The bed was very comfortable and breakfast was delicious. I stayed in the master bedroom and will plan to return.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed March 29, 2008

My three friends and I had a wonderful stay in both the cottage and in the bedroom in the house itself during the Spring Pilgrimage in Natchez. Both accommodations provided us the privacy that we desired and were very spacious.

We learned much of the history of Natchez from visiting the many beautiful antebellum homes, but also from our host, Joseph Stone, who was born and raised in Natchez.

Not only was Joseph a wonderful "breakfast-maker"and host, but he is also an accomplished pianist, He treated us to a 45 minute classical piano concert on an evening of our choice, and what a treat it was!!

We have taken with us many happy memories of our stay at the Antebellum Music Room Bed and Breakfast!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2008

Small and wonderful. I picked the Stone House because of the cottage in the rear of the property. It is totaly private. The house is not one of those big plantations but is full of history. Mr.Stone is throughly entertaining, not only as a historian but as a classical musican. He cooked a delightful breakfeast and talked to us as long as we wanted. He has an old time billaird room but we didn't use it, should have. It is located just blocks from downtown in a very quiet residential neighborhood. It is very reasonably priced, bed was perfect, inside was spotless! If you like quite surroundings you can't go wrong.

Reviewed January 26, 2008

My wife and I stayed two nights in a delightful little cottage off from the main house. We found the rate to be very reasonable, especially when you add in the fact, that besides the normal quality breakfast and accomodations, the proprietor, Joe Stone is an accomplished classical musician, and performs a very entertaining 45 min concert of various classical composers. This is performed at the guests discretion and schedule, and is accompanied by the inclusion of a fine glass of wine.
Also he is a collector of antique and rare maps, and is more than happy to share his knowledge in this area as well. My one regret is we didn't take the time to enjoy a game of billiards in the billiard hall.
All in all a great experience for my first trip to Natchez. If we return, I know where we will be staying.

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed April 5, 2007

My wife and I stayed one night in the master bedroom. You can't go wrong at the Stone B and B. You do need to know going in that it isn't a huge Natchez Plantation Home, but what you do get is a little privacy. No worries about groups of people staying at this property. He does have a cottage in the back, but it wasn't booked so we were the only guests staying overnight. There is only one room available in the main house and Joseph Stone, the owner stays in the back of the house. There is plenty of distance between these rooms so no worries about noises. The bathroom wasn't huge and it only offers a shower, but it was adequate, new, and clean.

The best and most unique part of staying at the Stone was the concert that Joseph provided on his antique Steinway. He is an accomplished pianist and he gave my wife and I a private concert served with wine. He does perform for groups so you might not luck out and have a private concert, but we were fortunate enough to be able to have one.

The house is full of family antiques, prints, books and other items. Joseph does have maps, pottery, native american rugs and other items for sale that he has collected over the years. I enjoyed checking out these items, too.

One more word about the host, Joseph. He could not have been more friendly and accomodating. He was born and raised in Natchez and has quite a knowledge of the history of Natchez. I am not much of a B&B guy but I would take my wife here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple