“A great B&B!!!”

Ranked #1 of 40 Natchez B&B and Inns
Lafayette, Louisiana
“A great B&B!!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stone House is a great B&B!! Joe was an amazing host and my husband and I really enjoyed the evening piano concert. We spent our Anniversary weekend there at the end of June.
We have stayed at several B&Bs in Natchez and this was our favorite!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I chose this place because of its amazing rating on trip advisor. But it was better than that. Because you can't put into words the experience of being here. The one-hour free classical piano concert with the songs and composers explained was so interesting even if you don't appreciate classical music. The place is like a museum. I've been to a lot of well furnished bed and breakfasts, but every item in this bed and breakfast was beyond antinque, it was a museum piece. I will say our king bed in the cottage that we shared with friends was hard and tough to sleep on - but that was easily overlooked because of the amazing character of this place. You could spend hours just looking through it. The yard was immaculate. The breakfast was outstanding. Even the air conditioning was outstanding considering it was installed with very little structural disturbance in the old house and cottage. The cottage is civil war era as well. Very old, very quaint. Like a two room suite it's a great place to stay with friends. We loved this place. We had planned to stay one night and ended up staying two because of how amazing it was. Can't say enough.

Room Tip: Not a lot of room choices. Huge room in the house is amazing. Cottage is great to share with frien...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
JoeNatchez, Owner at Stone House Musical B&B, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Hi Dave H, Thank you so much for that terrific review! It was all my pleasure to accommodate your party and I am thankful that you also took interest in the piano music, which I consider to be an important part of the value here. Just want you also to know that today I have just ordered a new memory foam mattress topper for that antique bed in the cottage that you found too firm. Because the bed is antique it is a unique size, so I had to have custom box springs and mattress made for it, which meant that I was unable to try the mattress before buying it. It did turn out quite firm, and I am glad that you spoke up and let me know so that I can remedy that. The company I have ordered from promised my order would be filled in 5 days, so I do hope that you return and it will definitely be in place by that time. Thanks again for bringing your great party here, and for your positive report. Best regards, Joe
Florida
Reviewed August 2, 2012

What an amazing place. My sister-in-law and I needed a room that would provide two beds for our two nigh stay in Natchez. The Stone House was perfect. We stayed in the main house in the front bedroom - what a treat! It is a beautiful, spacious room with lots of windows and beautiful antiques. The front porch is a delightful place to rest after a day of sight seeing. And of course, there is the concert. Our host, Joe, is an accomplished pianist who provided a concert at 6 pm that was exceptional. What a talent! Because we arrived on a Sunday we discovered many restaurants were closed. However, Joe was able to provide us with the names of several restaurants that were open. Breakfast is gourmet! Joe is the chef and he is fantastic. I would not hesitate to stay at the Stone House in future visits.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London, England
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed for two nights in the guest cottage and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay in Natchez. Joe is a gracious host and he is full of information about the house, the area and pretty much everything else in between.
His piano concert was the highlight of our weekend, and we highly recommend seeing him play. It's both educational and entertaining.
Oh, and breakfast was amazing as well!!!

Lou & Nat

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My wife and two teen-aged daughters spent two nights at Stone House on a recent weekend and found our accommodations delightful. Our first night we were entertained by Joe tickling the ivories while my wife and I sipped our wine and our teens munched away on Mozart chocolates. Then we were off to enjoy the nightlife of Natchez. The next morning we awoke to the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and a delicious breakfast. We enjoyed the maps and antiques located throughout the house, playing pool, and listening to the history of the Stone family. Natchez is a great place to go back in time. Our family highly recommends the Stone House and the City of Natchez. Thanks, Joe.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Orange
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is a great place to stay in Natchez. The house is beautiful with an interesting history. It's filled with antiques. The historic cottage was quite comfortable. Great breakfasts, wonderful host.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Geismar, Louisiana
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed two nights at this exceptional B&B. Mr. Joseph Stone was a gracious and accommodating host. His piano recital, which he offers for his B&B guests, was an excellent experience. We could not stop talking about it all weekend. He is a brilliant pianist and his commentary during the program is incredibly insightful and enlightening. We learned and enjoyed so much staying here and will definitely return. Cheers!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple