“Great, very nice people here.”

Excellent Inn & Suites
Excellent Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
DeRidder, Louisiana
“Great, very nice people here.”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We went here after our awful time with Days Inn and they were so nice and also pet friendly. The people who own this went out of their way after we had such a bad experience with our other hotel. They are remolding the rooms but it was still 100% improvement from the Days Inn. Free coffee and breakfast and the staff were ready to offer extra towels every morning. The bed was even good and lots and lots of hot water for a nice long shower. I will be back and I will stay here, the owners are from India and when checking in we mentioned we liked the foods they cooked she made us some Indian food the next day now that’s nice. If you have pets they go above and beyond for you. I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ABBenton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2010

When we first entered the room we found two dead large cockroaches, that I geuss had been there for some time, they weren't exactly hard to see and it was quite clear that the room had not seen a vacuum for a while. The top lock was missing from the door, the handle was missing off the drawers, there was no lamp shade in the toilet, the smoke alarm was broken and the toilet rocked from side to side when you sat on it!!

The bed sheets seemed reasonably clean although there was what seemed like a blood stain on the one sheet...and as for the deluxe breakfast???? the breakfast area was full of flies there were a couple of cereals to choose and frozen burgers, when we pointed this out to the lady on the desk she said somebody had burnt out the microwave so if we wanted one we would have to take them back to the room to microwave them!!

I have never written a bad review as 'I was always taught that if you cant say something nice then don't say it all' but this really was a poor choice my advice would be to stop at one of the bigger chains.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank SandersFamily2010

Travelers are raving about these Natchez hotels

Rochester, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2010

As part of our 5 week tour of the Great River Road, my husband and I (both seniors) spent 4 nights at the Passport and soon considered it "home". The room was large and clean, with new beds and both a fridge and microwave. The large pool was located situated to the back of the property, assuring privacy and quiet. Both Ani Jati, Manager, and his staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. When I was unable to start the clothes dryer at 10:00 PM, the on site maintenance person immediately came to my rescue. The continental breakfast was a true Southern breakfast with hot items (grits, sausage biscuits, hard cooked eggs and fruit in addition to the usual fare) - the perfect fuel for our days of exploring Natchez . Location was great - 5 minutes from the historic district and within walking distance to shopping. Thank you to all of the staff of the Passport Inn for helping make our stay in Natchez a memorable time. B&K from Rochester NY>

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BKM2003
USA
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We were a large group gathering for a family reunion ( senior citizens, young adults, and children). The staff allowed us to check in early and those who chose to check in after the function found check to be quick and very efficient. The hotel was very clean and the free breakfast was good. The staff was very efficient, friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Their were a lot of children in our group and the hotel created a very safe and pleasant environment. When we returned at night we observed a security guard walking around the premise which made us feel very safe. We will definitely stay here again for our family reunions in the future and you can not find a better hotel for the price in the Natchez, Ms area under any circumstances.

If we had listened to the reviews of the Passport Inn on line, we would not have considered staying at the Passport Inn but our reunion committee send a team of three people to investigate all the hotels in the Natchez, Ms area and this is the one that was recommended because of location, price, cleanliness, friendliness of staff, and outside appearance.

• Stayed August 2009
2 Thank sbattle819
georgia
Reviewed March 24, 2009

I should have known better when I smelled the acrid food in the lobby, but dumb me was so tired. The room smelled sour and the drunks in the parking lot thought there was a full moon. The next morning I moved down the street to the Days Inn.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed December 15, 2008

WOW I have never in my life been to a hotel that is so unprofessional. The desk clerks were very nice all except no name tags or uniforms. The houskeeping staff barges in your room 2 hour before check out they strip bed and leave comforters on floor I had to wait all day on towels and getting my bed made up the housekeeping staff was sooo rude you can hear them using profain language the manager over hosekeeping had on short shorts and a t shirt like she was at home non of the staff had name tags they walk in saying housekeeping but how im i to know they are apart of the staff with no uniforms or name tags. None of the lights worked in the room only one called fornt desk they said i would have to come to the front desk and get them myself. I wanted to speak with a manager no manager was on duty the three nights i stayed front desk told me to leave my phone number and manager would call to this day i still havent got a call. I dont see how these people even pass inspection. Roaches in room had to move to another room. I can go on and on about this place best advice not to stay. Nasty stuff all in air conditioner you can tell these are never cleaned. Maintence man in know uniform knocked on my door I was to afraid to let him in he was not in uniform nor did he have a name tag just jeans and a t shirt with a rag on his head. I will never ever stay at this place again

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Birmingham
Reviewed October 22, 2008

My stay in this place was deplorable. The housekeeping was almost non exsistant. After being there for three days we finally got towels. The first night we had to endure a two hour rant by a drunken man, even after we called the front desk to complain. I would suggest you never book this hotel anytime in the future, unless you are desperate.

• Disliked — The smell of the room
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)