“True Soutern Hospitality at the Passport Inn and Suites”

Excellent Inn & Suites
Excellent Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Reviewed June 10, 2010

As part of our 5 week tour of the Great River Road, my husband and I (both seniors) spent 4 nights at the Passport and soon considered it "home". The room was large and clean, with new beds and both a fridge and microwave. The large pool was located situated to the back of the property, assuring privacy and quiet. Both Ani Jati, Manager, and his staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. When I was unable to start the clothes dryer at 10:00 PM, the on site maintenance person immediately came to my rescue. The continental breakfast was a true Southern breakfast with hot items (grits, sausage biscuits, hard cooked eggs and fruit in addition to the usual fare) - the perfect fuel for our days of exploring Natchez . Location was great - 5 minutes from the historic district and within walking distance to shopping. Thank you to all of the staff of the Passport Inn for helping make our stay in Natchez a memorable time. B&K from Rochester NY>

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BKM2003

Reviewed August 16, 2009

We were a large group gathering for a family reunion ( senior citizens, young adults, and children). The staff allowed us to check in early and those who chose to check in after the function found check to be quick and very efficient. The hotel was very clean and the free breakfast was good. The staff was very efficient, friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Their were a lot of children in our group and the hotel created a very safe and pleasant environment. When we returned at night we observed a security guard walking around the premise which made us feel very safe. We will definitely stay here again for our family reunions in the future and you can not find a better hotel for the price in the Natchez, Ms area under any circumstances.

If we had listened to the reviews of the Passport Inn on line, we would not have considered staying at the Passport Inn but our reunion committee send a team of three people to investigate all the hotels in the Natchez, Ms area and this is the one that was recommended because of location, price, cleanliness, friendliness of staff, and outside appearance.

• Stayed: August 2009
2  Thank sbattle819
Reviewed March 24, 2009

I should have known better when I smelled the acrid food in the lobby, but dumb me was so tired. The room smelled sour and the drunks in the parking lot thought there was a full moon. The next morning I moved down the street to the Days Inn.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2008

WOW I have never in my life been to a hotel that is so unprofessional. The desk clerks were very nice all except no name tags or uniforms. The houskeeping staff barges in your room 2 hour before check out they strip bed and leave comforters on floor I had to wait all day on towels and getting my bed made up the housekeeping staff was sooo rude you can hear them using profain language the manager over hosekeeping had on short shorts and a t shirt like she was at home non of the staff had name tags they walk in saying housekeeping but how im i to know they are apart of the staff with no uniforms or name tags. None of the lights worked in the room only one called fornt desk they said i would have to come to the front desk and get them myself. I wanted to speak with a manager no manager was on duty the three nights i stayed front desk told me to leave my phone number and manager would call to this day i still havent got a call. I dont see how these people even pass inspection. Roaches in room had to move to another room. I can go on and on about this place best advice not to stay. Nasty stuff all in air conditioner you can tell these are never cleaned. Maintence man in know uniform knocked on my door I was to afraid to let him in he was not in uniform nor did he have a name tag just jeans and a t shirt with a rag on his head. I will never ever stay at this place again

• Stayed: November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 22, 2008

My stay in this place was deplorable. The housekeeping was almost non exsistant. After being there for three days we finally got towels. The first night we had to endure a two hour rant by a drunken man, even after we called the front desk to complain. I would suggest you never book this hotel anytime in the future, unless you are desperate.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 7, 2008

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. EVER! This was my first and last time ever staying at the Passport Inn.
There are really no words to describe this place..
We occupied 70% of the rooms at this hotel for the weekend (family reunion).
The sheets, pillow cases, comforters, shower curtains were all unclean. Including the towels.
There were roaches in the refrigerator. The rooms stunk so bad. Many of us traveled to the next town just to find a better hotel room. The clerk at the from desk was rude. She had a very bad attitude and was very unpleasant to talk to. It took house keeping 4 hours to bring clean towels. I called the front desk asking for cream, sugar and cups and was told that I would needed to come and get them myself.
I am in the process of writing a letter to the BBB and to the Head quarters.
Never would I ever recommend this hotel to anyone.

KA. Houston, Texas

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2007

As an exhausted traveler arriving too late to have choices, I was referred to this motel by another motel. The ice machine was so filthy I didn't trust the ice.
Holes in walls, unrepaired. Carpet unraveling. Commode and shower not very clean. I wore flip flops even in the shower and didn't let my feet touch the floor. Front door had wide gap between it and door frame. Bathroom door would not close as it was stopped by the toilet.
They have the right ideas, microfridge, cable, wifi, but they need to clean the walls, etc. It isn't enough that the mirror is spotless if the wall next to it has stains and smudges that could be scrubbed off. The exterior of the building and sidewalk need a scrubbing as well.
The place looks like they started out with good ideas but did not maintain them.

Stayed: June 2007