“Perfect! We loved every minute of our stay!”

Devereaux Shields House
Ranked #4 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
ebctiger
“Perfect! We loved every minute of our stay!”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

What a wonderful B&B! We had a great time....the room was fabulous...very spacious.....the innkeepers were very friendly and accommodating....and the breakfast was delicious! And, Ron went out of his way to get us the best table in the house at the Magnolia Grill. We will certainly stay at the Devereaux Shields House on our next visit to Natchez!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 15, 2010

This B&B is on a close-to-downtown street which appears to have the most structures on the historic register of any other Natchez street. Staying at the annex across & down the street is very good, & I would recommend this B&B to anyone.

Batesville, MS
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Eleanor and Ron are the most gracious hosts ever. We had never been to Natchez before, and they made many dining and attraction suggestions that were right on target. We stayed in Aunt Clara's Cottage in the Victoria Room. The room was spacious and beautifully furnished. It was also located at the back of the cottage and was surprisingly quiet considering the age of the house. We had a private bath and spacious closet that met all of our needs. A delicious breakfast was served each morning, and then we were left alone for the rest of the day to enjoy ourselves. This was my first B & B experience and I was very impressed. We will definitely return to stay with Eleanor and Ron again.

1 Thank SouthernChic70
Placerville, California
Reviewed July 5, 2010

This B&B afforded us a comfortable, welcoming accommodation with an outstanding breakfast.
We have traveled the world and have stayed in six other B&B's over the years and the Devereaux Shields House tops them all. We'll be back!!

Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Eleanor & Ron were the kindest people and truly made us feel "at home" in their B&B. We stayed in the Gallery Room and it included private access to a lovely outdoor porch overlooking Union Street and all its charms - beautiful views of the surrounding architecture and streets lined with crepe myrtles. Breakfast was so good, Eleanor sent me home with a copy of her recipe for the best peach french toast I'd ever tasted. My husband & I decided on Natchez as a last minute weekend getaway to soak up some much need rest & relaxation before the arrival of our first child, this vacation was everything we had hoped for. I highly recommend the Devereaux Shields House, its character and ambiance are superb.

Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Our weekend stay at The Devereaux-Shields House was such a warm, relaxing experience, that I found myself wondering on the drive home when we could make a return visit! Aunt Clara's cottage is so charming with exquisite furnishings and beautifully coordinated fabrics. Every detail has been attended to. Our breakfasts were delicious and soooo fulfilling that we were never really hungry while we did our shopping around town. And this B & B is very conveniently located to Natchez points of interest. But I must say, the highest recommendation in favor of Devereaux-Shields House would be credited to the proprietors, Ron and Eleanor Fry. They spend as much time with you as you would like and are the absolute definition of "hospitality". They were so gracious and friendly . . . my husband and I truly left feeling that we had made new friends. Anyone booking a stay at Ron and Eleanor's beautiful Bed and Breakfast will not be disappointed. We certainly weren't.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Actually, I was just one staying night at Clara's Cottage in Natchez. Moreover, I had a beautiful room named "Elmo". Everything was so lovely from my arriving until my departure. Ron and Eleanor (Proprietors) were really nice. I got a warm welcome and they explained nice places nearby. In addition, my room was very clean, wonderful decorated and I had so much space, I loved it and I am sure to visit this place, again. Also, I could park my car right next to Clara's Cottage and even for free - yes for free!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo