“watching the mississippi”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchez
Bluff Top Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 7, 2012

we live in Lake Charles, La., on I 10, just east of the Texas/Louisiana border. every year we take a couple days to explore the most unique state in the United States.this time we went out of state to Natches and stayed at the Bluff Top. after staying at many B&Bs, this is tops, not only for the food, hospitality but also for the location. where can one sit on a balcony with in house binoculars and watch the barges go up and down the water way, or just sit and watch the water wash away all of one's troubles. Bluff Top is THEE B&B experience. Great owner, great food, great place to walk and Natchez tops it off with great places to walk, admire the architecture and finally have a good ole southern meal. Next to Louisiana, we adopt Nachez and Neil's Bluff Top.

Room Tip: upstairs or downstair room with bathroom area included in room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We travel quite a bit and often stay in B&B's and older inns. I have to say that the Bluff Top is one of the best we have visited. Neil is a perfect host. He's happy to stop what he's doing and talk about any subject at all; Gardening, Natchez, History, Geology, Psychology, if you initiate the conversation. We were there in mid April and Neil's garden was in full bloom (see my attached pics). The location was great, high up on the Bluff overlooking the Mississippi and a 10 minute walk into tourist sites, restaurants, etc. There are 2 bedrooms upstairs separated by a common sitting room and a balcony with a great view of the River. We stayed in the South upstairs room which has an en-suite shower/bathroom. The sitting room has a little college refrigerator which Neil has stocked with soda and is very comfortable. The breakfasts were great (we stayed 3 days). You can't stay in a better place in Natchez

Room Tip: Upstairs South Room was perfect
Reviewed May 1, 2012

There’s many places to choose from when staying in Natchez, a truly great town, but folks, it’ll be hard to beat the Bluff Top. Neil just does a terrific job not to mention putting together one of the greatest breakfasts I’ve *ever* had. I was lucky the night I stayed to be the only staying guest. I had a terrific, historic room. Neil shared many stories about Natchez. His location sitting way above the Mississippi is tough to top. A true southern gentleman, and a real pleasure to chat with, it was a delightful stay and was pleased on all accounts, ever in Natchez again I’d most certainly stop here. Town is just a few minutes away, the location, and oh my that incredible breakfast...

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank idreamofeuropa
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Beautiful old house with a great view over the Mississippi with a very friendly host.
Delicious breakfast in classic style.
Garden full of flowers.
We enjoyed a wonderful stay in this amazing house in Nathez!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Looked for something different to do for my birthday. I live in Louisiana and didn't want to travel too far. Someone suggested a bed and breakfast in Natchez. When I did the research, I discovered Blufftop. I read the reviews and they were right. This is the most relaxing experience ever. Mr. Neil, the innkeeper, is a jewel. His breakfast in the morning is to die for. The views are wonderful. My boyfriend and I stayed in the master bedroom downstairs. The view of the river from the bedroom is okay, but better from your own personal sideporch that the master bedroom has. But it you have wonderful guests that are there with you in the rooms upstairs,(like we did) you will probably get invited to the balcony with them. My Neil is real informative on places to visits. Overall, this is a great B&B.

Room Tip: Master Bedroom has smaller bed but private bath and porch. No DVD player just a television with basi...
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Lovely stay at this B&B. Breakfast on the front porch overlooking the River was awesome!

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Enjoyed our stay at this very quiet, yet conveniently located locale during our visit to Natchez. Besides preparing excellent breakfasts, Neal gave us several useful pointers on restaurants, sites to see/avoid. Walkable to most everything in downtown.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple