“Best view of the Mississippi River with outstanding local vittles”
Review of Magnolia Grill

Magnolia Grill
Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Natchez
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Amarillo, Texas, United States
“Best view of the Mississippi River with outstanding local vittles”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I dine at the Magnolia Grill a couple of times a year when I'm in town. There is usually a phenomenal fish special of the day when I'm there. It varies, of course, but it is always really delicious. A family-owned and operated business, the Magnolia Grill is hands-down one of my favorite places to eat and always completes my Natchez experience. The staff has always been very attentive. The fried green tomatoes are a treat if you've never had them. I will definitely be back. Rock on, Parks family!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Joseph H

Jackson, Mississippi
“Excellent food and a perfect view of the Mississippi river”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

A large group of us had dinner at Magnolia Grill while visiting Natchez for the 4th of July. The place was busy but service was still great. The Fried Green Tomatoes were some of the best I've ever had and the Spinach Artichoke Dip was very creamy and tasty but I have to say the Bayou Egg rolls stole the show as far as appetizers go. Everyone in our group ordered a different entree so we could all try several dishes and everything we got was delicious. You also can't beat the view of the river, especially at sunset.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Dane R
“Good food & river view”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Service was a little slow, but we should not always be in a hurry. Eating on the river is one of my favorite things. I also appreciate "freshly" made food which takes a little time. I highly recommend the portobello sandwich.

Sebring, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our staff was slow”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Natchez under the Hill is a great place to visit for the history, especially after going to Rosalie (so go there first). However, Magnolia's food was average and I had to chase down my waitress for my ticket.

London
“Good meal”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Service was good and so was the food. The fried green tomatoes were good but too smothered in sauce for my liking. The catfish was cooked well and wasn't dry.