“Nice View of the Mississippi River While Dining.”
Review of Magnolia Grill

Magnolia Grill
Ranked #6 of 95 Restaurants in Natchez
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Several locals recommended Magnolia Grill which is located "Under the Hill". We were able to reserve a table by the window and enjoyed the sunset over the river while eating. Our food was very good and the service was prompt and friendly. Will go back again.

2  Thank Star0fTexas
Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

We came in trying to get away from the insanity of the Mardi Gras parade. There were no other diners there when we arrived.

The river view room had a great view of the river. Our server was great. I don't know how many times she refilled my tea glass.

Ordered the fried green tomatoes. Came with three tomatoes and a mess of crawfish tails. Didn't describe it that way on the menu. Matter of fact, the menu didn't have many descriptions at all. It was good but not what we expected. It came with our entrees because the guy who makes the tomatoes doesn't get there until 5pm.

I had the pork tenderloin poboy. Again, no description. Wife had the grilled chicken club. Our sandwiches were good. The pork was on point but the bun was old and very dry. Sweet potato fries were crisp and flavorful.

Bread pudding for dessert. It was good. Just good.

Altogether I'd rate the food on par with a chain steakhouse. Although there's no way I'd even try the steak. After trying the sandwiches I feel like I might have some buyers remorse after spending $30 on a steak. As it is I feel like I paid about $10 too much.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

On a recent trip through Natchez, Mississippi, we asked the hotel staff for a dinner recommendation. They recommended the Magnolia Grill which is on the river "under the hill".
We found that parking was difficult and the area not well lighted. The greeter advised that the wait would be about 10 minutes. Approximately 45 minutes later we were seated. The restaurant was very loud and a large group of local, senior citizens seemed intent on making sure that no one in the restaurant could hear or carry on a conversation over their racket.

The food was mediocre and the service was sub par. For example, when asked if the gumbo was brown or made with tomatoes. We were advised that it was thick and brown. It turned out to be similar to a bowl of tastless tomato sauce poured over rice. This may be local institution, but based on our experience, I would not recommend it.

2  Thank BOC68
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Have visited here many times and I love the front tables by the window, off the main room/bar. The Spinach and Artichoke dip is awesome. Have tried many items from the menu and never been disappointed. It is great to be here on a rainy afternoon, glass of wine and appetizers and just watch the river and boats go by. Really relaxing!

3  Thank Theresa M
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

This was our first "taste" of Natchez. Entrees (Catfish Louisiane and Grilled Shrimp) were good, but it was not an especially memorable meal. Would I go back? Probably, but I would probably ask about their specialties and get one of those next time.

Been to Magnolia Grill? Share your experiences!