“Great Food, Service Iffy”
Review of Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday
Ranked #50 of 95 Restaurants in Natchez
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Most times we've eaten at this location, service was very slow, and the orders arrived with errors. The quality of the food recently is better than it was a year or two ago, but they seem to have continual struggles with management or getting good help or something, because we eat there very infrequently due to the service issue. The food the last few times has been very good, though.

1  Thank Christy P

Reviewed January 4, 2012

We left before eating, rude, rude, rude, hostes, manager, and waiter!

1  Thank Travelingteachers51
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The only reason to go to a chain restaurant like Ruby Tuesday's is because you assume it will be reliable, if not original.. About all you expect is that the food you order come in a reasonable amount of time and be reasonably tasty and hot.

This place struck out on all counts. The waitress was slow and indifferent, she got our order wrong, the wait was interminable, and when the food finally did come -- after we managed to flag her down -- the side dishes were not what we had ordered and the food was cold. Adding insult to injury, it wasn't cheap. Lousy food, lousy service. Avoid at all costs.

2  Thank lukelagrrl
Reviewed July 27, 2011

On a recent trip to Natchez, we found ourselves there on a holiday and most everyplace was closed but this one. The atmosphere was cool and pleasant, typical Ruby Tuesday. Lots of menu choices. We ordered. Then we waited. Almost an hour went by and we inquired about our food several times. Finally the waitress said that it was all ready except they were out of one of the side dishes, and they had to make some more. I was appalled. Why not just come by and ask if we could substitute? Finally the meal was produced. Everything but the aforementioned side dish was cold. My dining companion did not even get the side dish she ordered. We went ahead and ate it because we needed to get on with our evening. Very poorly trained and indifferent staff, cool overcooked food, and high prices (bill was $40 for two people with no alcohol). Would never return to this or any other location if I could possibly avoid it. At least Mickey D's would have been cheap.

1  Thank Docmarx
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We arrived in Natchez on Sunday evening, and this was the only place we could find open. The service was bad. I ordered a Manhattan cocktail; the waitress came back and told me, "We don't make those here." I said, "Do you have a full bar?" "Yes." So I marched up to the bartender and instructed how to make this standard well drink. Turned out she was a substitute bartender, had the recipe on the computer, but was just too lazy to look it up and make one. Dinner came slow. All kinds of apologies from the staff. The biscuits that were supposed to be served with dinner finally arrived with desert. The food wasn't bad, but the service was so bad that it almost didn't matter. I'll give Ruby Tuesday chain one more chance, but if I have another experience like this one I'll never dine there again!

1  Thank sfrider

Been to Ruby Tuesday? Share your experiences!