“Good Breakfast”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Breakfast at the Castle came with our stay at an area B & B. The breakfast food was good, hot and of decent variety. Of particular note were the tasty scones and orange muffins. The restaurant and grounds were beautiful and a real plus was a free tour of Dunleith Mansion.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at The Castle this past weekend and were not disappointed. Service was great! We ordered the fried green tomatoes and crab cakes for an appetizer. Amazing! Our entree, the redfish, was one of the best meals I've had in a long time. Everything was so fresh and seasoned perfectly! I highly recommend starting the night off with a drink downstairs in the pub.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Great service, atmosphere, location and food. From the very first moment that you step into this restaurant, you feel there is something special about it. The hosts and servers are very professional. And the food... what can I say. Simply the best food we had in our 8-day trip to the area. My wife had pork tenderloin, which was recommended by our server, who said that it was the best pork tenderloin she had ever had. My wife and I testify that it was probably one of the best: tender, juicy and tasty... I had the redfish courtboullion (a Mississippi catch), which was absolutely delicious. It was a lovely experience overall.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We were visiting Natchez for spring pilgrimage and our anniversary. Local residents recommended the Castle at Dunleith for a special meal and they were right! White table cloths, excellent service, freshly made Caesar salad, perfectly cooked salmon, 4 types of fresh bread and an excellent wine selection made this a perfect last night of the trip meal. We did not sample their homemade desserts (too full!) but they looked delicious.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had $10 meal vouchers for breakfast from staying at Twin Oaks B&B across the street. Dorothy was our waitress and did great to take care of our needs. The only option for breakfast was the buffet, but there's nothing to complain about there. Good traditional Southern food. It helped make our Southern experience everything we wanted it to be.