“Very good”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The location is beautiful, even though we were there for dinner; with sunlight it must be wonderful.
The service was quick and good.
The food was excellent, and, last but not least, the price was fair, taking into account the location and the quality of food.
A place to come back to.

1  Thank LoZioOscuro

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was highly disappointing. Let me start off by saying Castle rock has a beautiful setting, so much potencial there. I'm just surprised that the propiterier of this establishment doesn't take his resturant seriously. There was not one member on staff that deserves to be there. The service was slow to say the least. The resturant was recomended by wine digest, but our server had no idea how to serve wine. My husband and I purchased a nice bottle of wine that our server broke the cork off in and asked us if they served it right. Really... Did they have to ask who got to taste the wine? I had to flag them down every time we needed to order and never got refills on drinks. Where we're the two managers on aug 10, 2013? They were too busy trying to figure out why a family walked out without paying. I bet they didn't want their money just like our server. I had to flag them down for that too. It wasn't just our table it was others talking by us. Get a clue and train your staff. It could be a fabulous place!

1  Thank foodieh2013
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We ate six meals here during our stay in Natchez and ate at another 7 restaurants in town. The Castle is the best in town. I can clearly see why they earned the awards they did. The quality, preparation and presentation of the food there was exceptional. The pork tenderloin was superb as was the mixed seafood grill. As far as cocktails, my Old Fashioned could have been a bit boozier (too much simple syrup), but that's my only complaint. I'd go back here in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Joe_Plenzler
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is a nightly destination during our stays in Natchez. The food here is excellent and the mint juleps are the best in town. Service is great and the atmosphere is very cool. It is located in one of the original stables behind the mansion. Definitely plan a visit to the Castle restaurant and pub.

1  Thank Chad B
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant en route to another antebellum home. Touring many homes via bicycle is a quick and fun way to get from one place to another, and build your endurance and appetite. The timing was perfect so, we pulled in and rode to the Castle Restaurant, behind the Dunleith Plantation home. The lunch was grilled catfish over dirty rice with steamed veggies and wonderful sweet potato rolls... a delicious and filling meal, lunch was more than reasonably priced.
BTW-- restaurant patrons get a free tour of the beautiful home given by a knowledgeable guide who paints a picture of the home and past owners, and ties together a some of the Natchez history... enjoy both!

2  Thank evaporatorz