“excellent hotel and staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchez South
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We loved this hotel, the staff were really friendly, the rooms spotless and having breakfast, free parking and a pool and gym was a real bonus. Natchez is a lovely town right next to the missisipi.Would definitely return if
going back to Natchez.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Kristie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchez South, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Good evening Car103,

First of all I would like to thank you for the 5 star review! We aim to please here at Holiday Inn Express-Natchez. Giving you great customer service and knowing that you enjoyed your stay is music to my ears. I hope you get a chance to come back to Natchez again and visit. If you do, please let me know, I would love to see you again.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

The lady working the desk was very nice. She took care of us for our first anniversary. She gave us recommendations for local restaurants. The rooms were nice. But the elevator broke down when we got back from the casino and we had to walk up 3 flights of stairs. The breakfast was just mediocre. The turning lane needs to fixed., was confusing with which looks like the holiday inn and isle of capri share the lanes.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kristie S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchez South, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Tina,

I remember you coming in for your anniversary. I hope that we were able to give you a memorable anniversary stay in Natchez. Teri our Guest Service Associate, who checked you in, does an awesome job with recommendations for Natchez. She is an asset to our team as are all of the team members. I want to apologize about the elevator breaking down, but this issue is being worked on as we speak. As far as the entrance, new lines have been painted to help make it easier for guests entering the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write your review because comments from you only helps us to improve.

Hope to see you again.

Thanks!

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Nice new hotel. Staff was very friendly. Decent location near the river. The room was free of hallway noise and the air conditioner was efficient and quiet.

Room price was $144 plus tax which in my opinion is too high for this location and they do not accept any discount like military or AAA on the weekends...

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VETJET1

Good morning VetjVet,

Thank you for letting us know how we are doing at Holiday Inn Express Natchez. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. When you give us feed back as you did about pricing, this helps us to ensure that we do a better job in this aspect. We are looking at making rates more advantageous for you as a guest to ensure that you get the best price for your stay. Come back and see us again!

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

This is a seriously new HInn Express built in July 2013. As a platinum member I had to ask for a room upgrade but it was great when it was sorted. Huge room, clean, new fixtures etc. Air conditioning was loud but effective. Breakfast was standard HInn Express but they had so many cheerful staff keeping the food stocks up. I've never seen so many staff - you will be looked after! No downs - just my room key stop working 3 nights on the trot. Visit Slick Ricks for a sarnie

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Phil A
Kristie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchez South, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

What an awesome review to read! From you as a guest to all of the staff at the hotel, we enjoy meeting you and making sure that you have a wonderful stay with us. Customer service and making you feel right at home is a couple of our main goals to that we try to achieve. Meeting people like you is what makes our job special. Hope to see you again soon!

Kristie Smith, GM and Staff

Reviewed May 20, 2014

There were several weddings so the hotel was quite full. The elevator broke down and we had to walk up 4 flights of stairs the night we came from the wedding. The next morning when we checked out we had to carry out luggage down 4 flights of stairs. Prices were to expensive for the service we got.

Room Tip: Don't get a room above the 2nd floor the elevator might break down.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MinisterGee

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you had during your time with us at Holiday Inn Express-Natchez. We are working on resolutions to keep this from happening again. We fell short on providing you with great customer service and I would like to make this up to you if you stay in Natchez again. Give us a call if you coming back to Natchez and let's see if we can do a much better job in making sure that you have a wonderful stay with us.

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a weekend due to a family reunion in the area as we have one every year. I was glad that holiday inn finally put a hotel in Natchez. This is by far the best one for a hundred miles. 100 times better than the neighboring casino hotel and days inn in Natchez across the bridge is down right disgusting. This Holiday Inn provides a GREAT breakfast with plenty of sitting room for you and family. A great and friendly staff who actually care about you the visitor great commodities period. I highly recommend this hotel if you're in the area. If I had 1 complaint it would be that the swimming pool should be heated. None the less I'm not much of a swimmer and I will not take away any stars.

Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Jdk426

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Hearing about your stay with us and the enjoyable time you had is music to my ears. Knowing that we were part of helping you to have a great experience is what we aim for and hope to achieve.If we can help you on your next stay, just give us a call. Hope to see you soon!

Thanks!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Staff friendly and very new and clean room. Had a great full breakfast in the AM. It was close to all attraction in Natchez, MS. I will stay again. Hopefully, in October 2014. They also have a sales manger food night once or twice a week. They use restaurants that are local. We had BBQ and it was GREAT.

Room Tip: Try to get 1st floor much better for sightseeing when you are as old as my wife and I. 52 and 60.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joey R
Kristie S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchez South, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Joey,

What a great review to read!! We are so glad that you stayed with us and enjoyed the local delights that are here in Natchez. We have the reception Monday through Thursday and have a couple of local restaurants that provide us some appetizers such as Big Mama's BBQ and Jugheads. They are quite popular and we enjoy the food they bring us to serve and I'm glad you got to enjoy it as well.

We hope to see you October and thank you so much for taking the time to send a comment on your stay with us.