“Great Expectations”
Review of The Donut Shop

The Donut Shop
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Natchez
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I was told by a friend that I had to go to The Donut Shop and eat a donut for her. We got there about 9:30am on a Saturday and they had already sold out of some donuts. I got a small cinnamon roll (very good) and a filled donut--you tell them your choice of filling. I really wanted regular "cream" but it wasn't available so I got chocolate, which was almost like pudding (good but not great). My wife had a glazed donut (great!) and an apple fritter (very good). Overall we enjoyed the donuts.

1  Thank Greg M

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

The Donut Shop is hands down the best donut shop in the south. The donuts are mouth watering & the staff is very friendly! We've been coming here for years & drive many miles for these delicious donuts!

1  Thank TheRestaurantPest_
Reviewed May 26, 2014

we had the filled sticks and the éclair. was ok. we also ordered the tamales and they were pretty good. I went there due to all the reviews ive read on the place and the donuts tasted pretty fresh but the building looked kinda dirty. nothing like looking over and seeing a cook smoke like the smoker behind him.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I'd seen raves about this place on the internet and wanted to take some tamales along to a friends reunion on the Gulf. I also picked up a couple of donuts. They were fresh and had that little bit of old fashioned crunch on the outside--just about perfect. The tamales lasted about five minutes. Everybody loved them and several said they were the best they'd ever had.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

My wife and I decided to share a burger, so I decided it would be a double meat burger. The double meat was huge and a single would have been more than enough. We shared fries and then each bought a pastry. The apple fritter was excellent. Prices are very reasonable.

1  Thank Terry M

Been to The Donut Shop? Share your experiences!