WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Great View - No breakfast” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Weymouth Hall

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Natchez
Weymouth Hall
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Natchez
Baton Rouge, LA
“Great View - No breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2010

The view of the Mississippi River is beautiful, the rooms are average and the service was bad. The woman who checked us in was very nice, if not a little flustered. I was dismayed to learn that our credit card number had been scribbled on a piece of paper (with many other CC numbers) when we made our reservation over the phone. This piece of paper was sitting out in the open. When we checked in we were told that we would be given voucher each day to eat breakfast at a restaurant at one of the nearby plantations, but if we just wanted fruit or snacks one morning that was also an option. We received a voucher the first and second morning we were there and the breakfast at the plantation was wonderful. Our last morning there, there were no vouchers, just a couple of apples and bananas and some muffins wrapped in plastic that looked like there were bought in bulk at Sam's Club that were left out on a coffee table for us and another couple we were staying with. It would have been a disappointing breakfast at a Holiday Inn, much less a "Bed and Breakfast." When we asked if we could have our voucher for breakfast at the plantation, we were told no, that our breakfast was on the table.

The rooms were average, similar to other B&B's we've stayed at in Natchez. There was a nice pool, but we did not try it.

When I got home I realized I left my necklace. We called the inn's number many, MANY times only to get no answer or messages that the voicemail was full. Even if we left a message, no one called us back. We we finally got in touch with the owner she said she had the necklace and would send, but never did.

Our friends that we stayed with had their credit card charged for the trip twice - the second time was over a month after their stay. Overall it was a nice place to hang out with friends on the bluff but the service was so bad before and after our stay that it really ruined the experience for us.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank BRlady

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
missippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2009

it was the best veiw of the mississippi river id ever seen in my life. and if youre going to natchezi reccomend staying at weymouth hall

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2008

Weymouth Hall is a beautiful and charming B & B that rests alone on a bluff, overlooking the Mississippi River. A historical cemetery is located across the road. Interesting. The owner was friendly. The room was large, clean, and nicely furnished with antiques. The bathroom is small, but we were quite happy to have a private bath (vs. a shared bathroom). The views of the Mississippi River were fabulous at sunrise and sunset. Bring your camera. There are numerous wrought iron tables and chairs on the lawn of the home, perfect for drinking coffee and soaking in the beauty. My only complaint --- it would have been wonderful to have breakfast along with the view. The owner gave us coupons to have breakfast elsewhere.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank vintage-1924
Natchez, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2008

The house has a wonderful view of the Mississippi River and the historic Natchez Cemetery is across the street. (You may want to look at the Natchez Cemetery website before visiting). However, it is a 15-minute walk to other attractions. Our room was very large and the host had coffee available in the foyer outside our room. The breakfast was at a bed and breakfast across town; however, we found this to be a benefit since it gave us the opportunity to visit another plantation. The host was very friendly and did her best to make us feel at home.

• Liked — Great view of the Mississippi River
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Denver_Mullican
Navarre, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2007

Wife and I stayed one night at at Weymouth Hall. The Bed and Breakfast Inn has new owners. The new owners were not very organized. On arrival, the owner's family and children were in the process of cleaning the rooms. I wanted to confirm my reservations before we went to lunch in the local area. The owner had a helper show me our room but the helper was not familiar with the process for checking in or payment for the room and he could not tell me when breakfast would be served. He wanted to take my credit card number so the owner could charge the room to my credit card later. After returning from lunch and a tour, the owner was no where to be found. The next morning, we meet the owner who informed us there would be no breakfast at Weymouth Hall but she provided us a voucher for eating breakfast at another inn about 5 miles from Weymouth Hall. When checking out, I attempted to pay for the room with a credit card, but the owner did not know how to use her credit card machine plus she wanted to charge me 14% tax instead of the normal tourist tax of 10% After serval unsuccessful attempts to process the card, I offered to pay using cash. I ask for a receipt which she provided by using a Weymouth Hall information card with the words "Paid by Cash" written in ink on the card. Not very professional. Unless they improve their Inn keeper skills, this Inn will not be in businnes much longer. Though the views of the Mississippi River from the Inn were great, I would not recommend staying at this Inn.

Stayed February 2007
7 Thank DanOHarr
Longview, TX USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2004

My first choice was Dunleith, but it was sold out the night I wanted to stay there, so I called Natchez Pilgrimage Tours, which offers a Reservation Service for many of the area's lodging establishments. They actually made the choice for me, and I was very pleased. The room I stayed in deserves an "A" rating; clean, spacious, beautifully decorated and furnished with antiques. I have stayed at other Natchez B&B's that overlook the Mississippi River, but this one is by far the best. The views are completely unobstructed and possibly the prettiest within the class of those which offer this natural "amenity." Breakfast was more than filling. What impressed me most, though, is that tours of the house are generally not offered at all. Yet when I told Mrs. Guice, the owner, that I am very interested in the subject of Antebellum homes, she made an exception and showed me around after breakfast. This was really a stretch, as this home is occupied by the owners, and these are their private quarters. Many would have refused such an intrusion into their own living space, which would be understandable. The guest who selects Weymouth Hall can't go wrong. It is an excellent choice in an of itself; better than many others who Ballyhoo themselves and spend much more on marketing their properties. Bring your camera and take pictures of the views from the lawn at different times of day, and they will probably be among the best photos you've ever taken.

13 Thank George1960
dallas, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2003

Was a very nice experience. You can see the Mississippi far below from the lawn of the hotel, which has some elegant chairs and tables and is very pretty. This is also one of the few b&b's which allows kids (we have a 2 year old). The couple that runs it is very friendly. They will allow you on the 2nd floor verandah, which gives you an even better view. The room was certainly adequate, and we had a good breakfast, which was not over formal.

13 Thank viperfish