“A new favorite place to eat in Natchez”

Roux 61 Seafood & Grill
Ranked #1 of 95 Restaurants in Natchez
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My wife and I had dinner with another couple on a Thursday evening in July. It’s located just a few miles south of town on Hwy 61. Arriving around 7:00 p.m. from the outside it appeared to be very busy, but we were immediately seated. The appetizer of fried green tomatoes was different from any we’d ever had before, but very good. Both my wife and I had very good dinners – the Catfish LaBeaux for me (opted for the fried catfish version, topped with a crawfish sauce) and my wife had the seafood potato - 2 baked potatoes stuffed/covered with shrimp, crab and scallops in a lobster cream sauce. Servings were very generous so we both had leftovers to take home. We also had a chance to sample the bread pudding with a delicious rum sauce…excellent! Our server was knowledgeable of the menu and very efficient…perhaps a bit too efficient as our salads came out before we were done with appetizer, shortly followed by the main courses. We’d rather had a more relaxing meal without the table full of plates. Total for our meal, including a couple of drinks was just under $80. We will definitely schedule another trip to Roux 61 on our next trip to Natchez.

1  Thank grizfan

Reviewed August 1, 2014

My husband and I went to Royx 61 on a recommendation from a lady who worked at the campground where we were staying. And I'm so glad we did. Everything was great from the salad (delicious, with fresh greens, mandarin oranges, nuts and cheese) to the entree to the dessert. Try the Plantation Cake! It's wonderful. Our server was very helpful and friendly. Just overall a great experience. We will go out of our way to go back!!

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Our waitress Taylor, very friendly and helpful. Being from the Gulf Coast, we didn't expect the seafood to be outstanding but it was very fresh and tasty! Service and atmosphere was very good. Will come again.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I pass through this area regularly travelling from my home in New Orleans to my mom's home in Jena, LA. When they were building Roux 61, I thought they must be crazy building a restaurant that size out on the highway - no one will ever come. Well every time Ive passed since they opened the parking lot has been full - so - this trip I stopped for dinner.
All I can say is GREAT JOB! WOW! The food was delicious and plenty of it, waiters very friendly and the pricing very reasonable.
WE LOVED IT! Proof if you build it and do it right - they will come!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I should have ordered the fried shrimp instead of blackened fish. The huge fried shrimp were delicious, but the blackened fish was OK at best. Portions are big with matching prices. I didn't think the fish was worth it, but the shrimp was the best I've had not right on the coast in a very long time. The server was really trying but seemed a little overwhelmed. Oh, it wasn't particularly comforting seeing a deputy standing guard as you enter, but if that's what is necessary in the area, better to have him than not.