“If you are looking for great seafood...”

Roux 61 Seafood & Grill
Ranked #5 of 95 Restaurants in Natchez
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is the place! Lots of very fresh seafood! We sat at the oyster bar and watched the oysters being shucked and grilled. The staff is awesome! Super friendly and attentive. Casual atmosphere.

1  Thank Lisa C

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I recently visited Roux 61 while on a business trip with 6 other colleagues. We arrived around 11:15 so there were plenty of open tables. The place is much bigger than it looks, so even though it got busy by the time we left there was still plenty of room. The atmosphere was great, various animal mounts hanging on the walls. As a hunter, I enjoyed checking these out. The wait-staff was incredibly friendly, multiple people welcomed us as soon as we walked in. When seated and checking out the menu, we couldn't decide what to get because everything sounded good. I went with the catfish platter. Some of the best catfish I've ever eaten. It was fried just right with great breading. Between the number of fillets and the heap of fries, the portion sizes were incredible for the price. Also ordered at the table were blackened catfish and crawfish etoufee. I didn't try these, but my coworkers loved it. Just off the highway south of Natchez, Roux 61 is an absolute must.

1  Thank bcbb c
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stopped in for dinner during our visit. The restaurant is much larger than it appears. Service was very good and prices reasonable. We tried the fried pickles for fun and actually enjoyed them but we got a large dinner plate full as an appetizer size!! They had live music the night we were there and it was a fun family friendly enviroment.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were a little weary from driving from New Orleans earlier that day. Natchez didn't offer much from the usual fast food and commercial restaurants, but we stumbled upon Roux 61. They were busy but we waited about five minutes to be seated. This was easily the best food and experience of our week long trip. I ordered the shrimp and alligator cheesecake for an appetizer and wanted more when it was gone. I ordered the shrimp boil was everything was prepared perfectly. I highly recommend this place and will definitely be back the next time I travel through Natchez.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time here and we eat out a lot. All I can say is AWESOME! It was a great meal from start to finish . The steak was great quality and cooked to perfection. The seafood platter was also great. The potato casserole was very good. We had the portobello mushrooms as an appetizer and enjoyed them as well . Loved the atmosphere of the place. I thought it was a little pricey for lunch BUT... You get what you pay for and we were very pleased. Best sweet tea ever!!