“Well done, Roux 61”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Kentucky
“Well done, Roux 61”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I recently visited Roux 61 while on a business trip with 6 other colleagues. We arrived around 11:15 so there were plenty of open tables. The place is much bigger than it looks, so even though it got busy by the time we left there was still plenty of room. The atmosphere was great, various animal mounts hanging on the walls. As a hunter, I enjoyed checking these out. The wait-staff was incredibly friendly, multiple people welcomed us as soon as we walked in. When seated and checking out the menu, we couldn't decide what to get because everything sounded good. I went with the catfish platter. Some of the best catfish I've ever eaten. It was fried just right with great breading. Between the number of fillets and the heap of fries, the portion sizes were incredible for the price. Also ordered at the table were blackened catfish and crawfish etoufee. I didn't try these, but my coworkers loved it. Just off the highway south of Natchez, Roux 61 is an absolute must.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank bcbb c

Vancouver
“Pickles anyone?”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stopped in for dinner during our visit. The restaurant is much larger than it appears. Service was very good and prices reasonable. We tried the fried pickles for fun and actually enjoyed them but we got a large dinner plate full as an appetizer size!! They had live music the night we were there and it was a fun family friendly enviroment.

Visited June 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Been through Natchez for years, won't stop anywhere else”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were a little weary from driving from New Orleans earlier that day. Natchez didn't offer much from the usual fast food and commercial restaurants, but we stumbled upon Roux 61. They were busy but we waited about five minutes to be seated. This was easily the best food and experience of our week long trip. I ordered the shrimp and alligator cheesecake for an appetizer and wanted more when it was gone. I ordered the shrimp boil was everything was prepared perfectly. I highly recommend this place and will definitely be back the next time I travel through Natchez.

• Visited August 2013
“Great from start to finish!!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time here and we eat out a lot. All I can say is AWESOME! It was a great meal from start to finish . The steak was great quality and cooked to perfection. The seafood platter was also great. The potato casserole was very good. We had the portobello mushrooms as an appetizer and enjoyed them as well . Loved the atmosphere of the place. I thought it was a little pricey for lunch BUT... You get what you pay for and we were very pleased. Best sweet tea ever!!

• Visited June 2014
“Great seafood platter!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch at this restaurant, place was busy which was a good sign to us. Staff was friendly and service was good. Seafood platter was delicious, so was the shrimp poboy and stuffed potatoe. We had so much food left over (enormous portions) that we enjoyed the leftovers for dinner. Could not resist to order cake to take away. Cheesecake and plantation cake were yummy!

Been to Roux 61? Share your experiences!