“Plenty of tasty food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Springfield, Missouri
“Plenty of tasty food”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We were just passing through Natchez and only had time to stop for lunch. I selected Roux 61 based on the reviews, and we weren't disappointed. (I do want to try Mammy's Cupboard, which we photographed, and some of the other restaurants on a future visit).
We were seated quickly and service was outstanding. Both of us had a cup of gumbo, with that good deep gumbo flavor.
Then came the food. My husband had catfish, while I had a half soft shell crab po boy. When my sandwich arrived I was glad I had only ordered the half. I could barely eat all of it, no way I could have eaten a whole one. The sandwich was good and flavorful. My meal also came with a huge pile of fries. I noticed on the menu one offering mentioned "500 pounds of fries" and I don't think they were far off. I left at least a large potato's worth of fries on the plate when we left.
We ordered cake to go for our evening snack. My husband had the plantation cake, a yellow cake with a cream cheese icing, pecans and coconut. He enjoyed it. I was a bit disappointed in my Mississippi Mud cake, as it had too much marshmallow for my taste. Probably not too much for those who are bigger marshmallow fans than I am.
Altogether we were quite pleased we stopped and Roux 61 and would definitely do so again.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Betty R

Texarkana, Texas
“Very good eating”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The food & service were excellent. We went on a Friday night. I got the seafood potato & it was delicious. More than I could eat but very filling. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jackie H
Great Falls, Virginia
“Great seafood and huge portions”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

The service at this restaurant is exceptional. From the second you walk in you will be treated like family. The menu is huge, with tons of great seafood and steak offerings. The grilled shrimp and Po boys were great and the fried pickles were spot on. The Plantation cake for desert is a must-try, with great moisture, pecans and coconut. This is a great place to eat in Natchez, perhaps the best.

1 Thank TheDeacon87
Brandon, Ms
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love love love”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the atmosphere, Ms. Gloria AND "Shucks"!!! Most of all the food!! Great portions and appropriately priced. I Highly recommend. Great place for family and or anyone after a long day at work. "Shucks" is a valuable and awesome employee! Can't wait to visit again.

1 Thank Integrity101fair
Houston, Texas
“Above Average Food, Exceptional Service”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We traveled through Natchez and stopped here and found the food to be above average seafood, but not excellent or exceptional. Nothing like you find further south in New Orleans or even in Houston. The service was exceptional and very friendly. We would definitely go again if we find ourselves in the area.

• Visited October 2013